Recent content by WonkyWapiti

1. WonkyWapiti

What's in your vise?

Well I tied up some of these at the request of a friend and ended up tying up some for myself. My rendition of an Olive Willy, one in chartreuse and another in mellow yellow.
  2. Olive WIlly 11a.jpeg

Olive WIlly 11a.jpeg

3. Olive Willy 14a.jpeg

Olive Willy 14a.jpeg

4. WonkyWapiti

How are you storing/organizing your (flat) materials?

I found a company, www.artbin.com , that sells a ton of storage items for art supplies. I picked up some of their containers to include the below shorter ones for my flat materials. You can see a taller box at the bottom that I use for storing some smaller packages vertically.
  5. fly storage.jpg

fly storage.jpg

6. WonkyWapiti

We got these Zebras coming in....

3 located so far, 1 still missing. Next spring we will end up with striped elk in the area. :ROFLMAO:
  7. WonkyWapiti

Orvis sling pack

Likewise, I'm glad you can use it.
  8. WonkyWapiti

Orvis sling pack

@Fourbtgait gets it
  9. WonkyWapiti

Red Truck Diesel Spey question

Thank you Divad.
  10. WonkyWapiti

@Divad Ok looking at Hardy reels online now. Question reference the Marquis LWT Salmon, for this rod (7 wt), I'm assuming from what I've read I need to upsize for a spey rod so I'd be looking at the Salmon 1 (for a 9/10 wt) ?
  11. WonkyWapiti

Orvis sling pack

I've enjoyed this wisdom of many on this site so it's may time for me to pay it forward. I ended up going with a different pack and would like this to go to someone that could use it. I live in SE King CO but travel up to Shoreline for work. I"ll be heading to CDA, ID this weekend, so could...
  12. WonkyWapiti

Beer and reels

I initially thought this Coors reel was an April Fools joke until I saw the Ross website. Now if they had done a "Hamm's" edition, I'd be all over this! :)
  13. WonkyWapiti

Well I went to the F3T showing last night at the Blue Mouse in Tacoma sponsored by the Gig Harbor Fly Shop and the Steelhead Coalition. Thanks to everyone that helped in making it a great event. So if archery, muzzleloading, and fly fishing aren't enough of my sicknesses I've wanted to try my...
  14. WonkyWapiti

Flashlight?

Check out clouddefensive.com . I own a MCH that I purchased when I went back to working graveyard a year and a half ago. Luckily I'm off graveyard now but still working nights. I wouldn't think of going to work without it now. Being able to identify things in low light at a distance is...
  15. WonkyWapiti

NW Fly Tyer & Fly Fishing Expo - March 8-9 in Albany, OR - We will be there!

I had a great time at the show. I stopped by the booth on Friday morning and picked up a beanie and just renewed my monthly membership. I attended a couple of seminars between both days and went to the banquet on Friday night. I love this show and can't believe it's already another year away.