Recent content by Westfly Refugee

1. Westfly Refugee

Dual purpose pontoons (stillwater & rivers)?

Even with a 10' Scadden raft, a big 10.5' Maxxon pontoon, a Clackacraft pram, and SuperCat float tube, and a JB Outiftters pontoon, I still have space in a large pole barn so I definitely need at least one more floaty thing... On lakes I've been using the old JB Outfitters ~7' pontoon. On the...
  2. Westfly Refugee

gear price jumps

Leon Chandler might be spinning in his grave wishing he'd pioneered that price point!
  3. Westfly Refugee

What are you listening to?

The video shot amongst the ancient, timeless standing stones is just perfect
  4. Westfly Refugee

Sunday dinner digestif for y'all...
  5. Westfly Refugee

WA non-profits trout related.

The EIN for Backcountry Hunters & Angers is: EIN: 20-1037177 Primary office: North American Headquarters 725 W Alder Suite 11 Missoula, MT 59802 406-926-1908 Thank you again for doing the QCD to support conservation and public access!
  6. Westfly Refugee

Friday night, but...is it too early for some DuckStab music...?
  7. Westfly Refugee

WA non-profits trout related.

Can't go wrong with Western Rivers Conservancy and Back Country Hunters & Anglers. Thanks too for planning to do a Qualified Charitable Distribution to support conservation! QCD's provide a great charitable gifting opportunity for those of RMD age
  8. Westfly Refugee

Deals at online Retailers

Looking forward to receiving mine. Should be good for river trip campfires -- no tears if it gets spark holes.
  9. Westfly Refugee

Tying Soft Hackle Flies

Another affordable alternative to Persalls https://www.blueribbonflies.com/semperfli-pure-silk.html
  10. Westfly Refugee

NFR Time Share Exit Advice?

Through my work, I've been involved in a couple of these timeshare situations. The very FIRST thing to do is examine your contract and determine what you can and cannot do when wanting to transfer your interest. Can you sell it on the open market? Is there a transfer fee? Etc, Etc.
  11. Westfly Refugee

LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

The Germans probably have a long word for that.
  12. Westfly Refugee

What Are You Eating?

Antelope steak bites for me....fall chinook leftovers for the dog
  13. Westfly Refugee

Clackacraft LP or WF question(s)

Wow, is that a new trailer, or is the whole package that minty???
  14. Westfly Refugee

Anyone use this rechargable/wireless (inexpensive) depthfinder on their tube or 'toon?

So fishing the other day, a friend had on his pontoon one of those inexpensive depthfinders with a cable running to a bobber/transducer. Seemed like a handy tool for $45 other than it uses 4 batteries. I searched around for a rechargable model. This one is very similar to my friend's except...