Recent content by trouthunterjohn

1. trouthunterjohn

Books

Ill take the Doug Rose book if it’s available
  2. trouthunterjohn

Coffee Pot

I fished it a few days ago. Wind was brutal in the morning. Afternoon was calm. Only 2 fish, but very hefty.
  3. trouthunterjohn

Fly shop between Oly and Bellingham

I'm driving I-5 to Bellingham tomorrow and have some free time to stop in and support our local fly shops near I-5 on my way up. With the Fly Fisher closing in Lacey, I am especially interested in sharing some love with the local shops in WA. Can you recommend a couple of the best, in terms of...
  4. trouthunterjohn

FF lakes near Cle Elum, Ellensburg or Wenatchee

I think I'll try Cooper Lake, then some bank fishing on the Yak.
  5. trouthunterjohn

I'm open to any lake with trout and fishable from my pontoon while trolling flies on sinking lines. Not too picky
  6. trouthunterjohn

I'm taking a trip to the east side and have a couple of days to kill on my way to the Methow. I'm interested in dropping my pontoon boat in a small lake and seeing if I can boat a trout or two along the way. I've scoured the internet and this web site and can't seem to find any good lakes to...
  7. trouthunterjohn

Lake Chelan and nearby ff options

I'm an early riser, so I was banking on getting out for a couple of hours in the early morning a couple of days.
  8. trouthunterjohn

Lake Chelan and nearby ff options

The family and I are staying at an air bb on Lake Chelan this holiday weekend (4 days). I'm thinking about bringing along some fly gear just for some side fun in case there are some opportunities to chase some fish. I won't have a lot of time to sneak away, so am wondering if it is worth...
  9. trouthunterjohn

What's Catching You Fish?

my favorite fly for lakes here in Western WA. I bought two batches from you and they do the job.
  10. trouthunterjohn

BC lakes in Sept/Oc?

Thanks for the vido. Just the kind of lake I'm looking for.
  11. trouthunterjohn

BC lakes in Sept/Oc?

Hi everyone - I'm planning a week-long fly-fishing trip in late Sept or early Oct. I'll pull my camper trailer and bring pontoon boats. I'm looking to fish lakes that have the option to keep a fish or two for dinner. I'll be driving up Hwy 97 from Tonasket into BC and hope to camp and fish for...