Recent content by TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

1. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Water Master Kodiak review

That seat you see is actually an old seat Water Master sold for the grizzly. So if you see that seat it's the grizzly (I tried to label when I was using the grizzly as an example). It's super comfy, but it does reduce the space between your legs and the oars, so it can get a little cramped...
  2. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Thanks Krusty! Appreciate the feedback.
  3. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Sorta, I even have an old electric trolling motor, but every time I think about getting a battery for it, I think about all the hassle of carrying everything. I already feel like I carry too much stuff as it is :D
  4. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

I've had the kodiak for a couple of years and I really wanted to wait until I took it on a 5 day camping trip before I did a review. While I wasn't actually rowing the kodiak, I did take some friends on a 5 day trip, so I got to see how it handled. Even with someone who wasn't exactly great on...
  5. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New Video: Is winter steelheading insane?

I don't steelhead enough to be very succesfull at it and so I spend a lot of time staring at the river, thinking about why I drove all the way out here instead of to the Yak where I could've caught a bunch of fish. Thank goodness for spey casting to keep me occupied. Trying to finagle all the...
  6. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Fly shop between Oly and Bellingham

I'm a big fan of Avid and they are my go to shop. But Emerald Waters has had so many breaking this year. They could use some extra love.
  7. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New Video: Horse packing, backpacking, and Fly Fishing

Of course thanks for taking the time to watch and comment!
  8. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

I was worried about the kids, but they kicked my butt up that hike. Did you take a fly rod with you? I didn't take it up to the top lake, but I did see fish in up there if you go back.
  9. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

I have ridden horses before ... but not something I do regularly. My sister is a horse person so grew up with a pony, and ride horses with her whenever we visit her in Montana. Aww thanks, I think they are pretty special too!
  10. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

This was trip that has been sitting partially done on my hard drives for over a year. My wife finally said I couldn't work on any new projects till I kicked this one out the door, so here it is! I really wanted to get my kids up into the alpine zones for some time now, but we just never made the...
  11. Alpine Lakes Thumbnail_1.123.1.jpg

Alpine Lakes Thumbnail_1.123.1.jpg

12. IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6904.jpg

13. IMG_6806.jpeg

IMG_6806.jpeg

14. IMG_6918.jpeg

IMG_6918.jpeg

15. IMG_6953.jpeg

IMG_6953.jpeg