Recent content by The Fish Whisperer

1. The Fish Whisperer

Are Pass Lake Browns Gone?

They are there......it's just that the lake has been all jacked up the last couple of years and not its normal self. Try the obvious places and times of day.
  2. The Fish Whisperer

FS BAL X-tended Fit X-chocks Model # 28014

BAL X-Tended Fit X-Chocks ( Pair) Excellent condition. Like new and only used 5 times. Fits extra wide tire spacing of 10 to 17 inches Both come with the rachet wrench Boxes are a little torn due to traveling with the trailer Retail at over $ 100.00 Asking $ 65.00 for the pair
  3. The Fish Whisperer

Practice casting, practice and practice some more..!

All, I just wanted to validate what has been stated over and over again by many folks, magazines, brochures etc. If you are going to go on a saltwater trip, get out and practice with the rod you are going to use. I know that especially tropical lines won't perform very well in 50 degree...
  4. The Fish Whisperer

Los Barriles-DIY Trip

I have fished there twice with Baja Flyfishing Company and Mike Reiser.Tons of experience down there and a great guy to fish with. Both times in October. Not prime time for Roosters or Dorado, but they were still around. Lots of billfish on the 2nd time down there with a 125 LB Striped Marlin to...
  5. The Fish Whisperer

Sailfish?

I went to Guatemala in March 2023 and fished for Sailfish. I echo what Evan stated above......not overly complicated it is just a matter of trolling and finding them...when you do find them they are usually pretty hot for the popper and all lit up.
  6. The Fish Whisperer

A wet, windy week at Patagonian BaseCamp, Chile in mid-March

Thanks for sharing.... great report and photos. Definitely on the bucket list.
  7. The Fish Whisperer

Dog Bite On Waders

Get it checked out....better to know and have a piece of mind.
  8. The Fish Whisperer

NFR BAL X-tended Fit X-chocks Model # 28014

Bump....price reduction
  9. The Fish Whisperer

NFR BAL X-tended Fit X-chocks Model # 28014

BAL X-Tended Fit X-Chocks ( Pair) Excellent condition. Like new and only used 5 times. Fits extra wide tire spacing of 10 to 17 inches Both come with the rachet wrench Boxes are a little torn due to traveling with the trailer Retail at over $ 100.00 Asking $ 70.00 for the pair
  10. The Fish Whisperer

A small observation about fishing

Ah, yes. Very good insight. I might add though that we often forget about the experience because we are so intent in tricking the fish that sometimes and does make us look foolish. I always say " preparation meets opportunity", but everything else and just some good old luck play into the...
  11. The Fish Whisperer

NFR Reese Towpower Coupler lock

Excellent condition. Used about 5 times. Works great and comes with 2 keys. Fits 1-7/8, 2 and 2-5/16 In. trailers Retail for $ 44.00 new Asking $ 25.00.
  12. The Fish Whisperer

Flats boots repair advice needes

Hi All, I have a pair of Simms boots as shown and the front cap is starting to separate. I will be using them shortly and was wondering what you all might suggest or has found to work for these..?? Thanks so much
  13. The Fish Whisperer

NFR idiot drivers...

His last name must be Darwin............serves him right.
  14. The Fish Whisperer

Kiritimati Part 2 - Lagoon Flats and Outer Reef

Thanks for the great and informative report........well done..!
  15. The Fish Whisperer

Belize

Great report…thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Reading the reports helps us to get through the PacNW winters..!