Recent content by Stoneflywelding

1. Stoneflywelding

Mini Kauai trip report.

that’s the only way I’ve ever caught them :ROFLMAO:. Figured it was normal.
  2. Stoneflywelding

Mini Kauai trip report.

Thanks! My dad was there too which was really cool. It was my last cast and I told my dad I was ready to go get a beer. Then the line just came tight. Definitely a memorable one for me.
  3. Stoneflywelding

Mini Kauai trip report.

Tried a number of flies but the tan/white clouser with red lead eyes seemed to be the ticket.
  4. Stoneflywelding

Mini Kauai trip report.

Lucky enough to spend the last 12 days on Kauai. I didn’t get to fish much with all the family around. But between the zip lining, golf and other activities I was able to get into some action at Anini Beach. I love Hawaii but I’m ready to be back home in Oregon.
  5. 20240202_093457.jpeg

20240202_093457.jpeg

6. Stoneflywelding

Non-Fly Unlimited Tropical Gear Fishing Dirtbaggery Thread

I plan to fish anini for sure since it’s right down the hill. Probably Hanalei bay somewhere but no experience with that area. Heading to poipu beach for second half of the trip and had luck there in the past. Any recommendations ?
  7. Stoneflywelding

Oh man, got to Kauai 2 days ago. First 36 hrs was rough as United Airlines misplaced my bag with the rods and other gear. They delivered the bag to me last night here in Princeville. Today, we fish!
  8. Stoneflywelding

NFR idiot drivers...

at least you got to witness his karma. I love when that happens. Glad no one got seriously hurt.
  9. Stoneflywelding

Kiritimati (aka Christmas Island) Report - Sunset Horizon Lodge and Korean Wreck

Wow, thanks so much for the report. Always been a dream to go there. Heading to Kauai next week with the family. So close yet so far away
  10. Stoneflywelding

Well, the more I’m told how much catching a Mako shark sucks, the more it makes me want the chance to try it😂. I cannot be the only person here who would love to do that some day. To those of you who have I am thoroughly jealous. I would gladly take a beating to have that experience. What...
  11. Stoneflywelding

How many cigs did it take?

When I was a kid my dad and I would go on walks along the highway and busy roads of southern New Mexico, picking up all the Marlboro boxes we could find. People just love throwing shit out the window and I simply cannot understand that mentality. My dad was not a smoker but he sure loves free...
  12. Stoneflywelding

Hmmm yeah I’m gonna have to sort of disagree with you on this one. Sounds pretty fun to me. Too bad I am a huge wuss when it comes to being offshore and keeping food in my stomach. Thanks for all the inspiration lately, headed back to Kauai in a few weeks and really looking forward to being back...
  13. Stoneflywelding

The good boat deal thread

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/QCoJYnSg8DubbfF9/?mibextid=79PoIi Not mine but I thought it seemed like a great deal for someone.
  14. Stoneflywelding

Rod Holders

I made some just like this many years ago for my old raft. I loved them and they were quite easy to use. Definitely kept a rods protected. I gave them to someone in WFF a while back. There’s a very good tutorial online somewhere for them as well. I think I made mine in about 2 hrs.
  15. Stoneflywelding

Yakima with kiddos

What else are golf course ponds for ? Hell yeah, I need to get my son out in the boat. Nice work.