Recent content by Stimson

1. S

Dry falls electric motor

Are electric motors allowed at dry falls? I thought the regs allowed it in the past. Is that still in effect? I'm disabled and that would be amazing to be able to do a fishery I enjoyed so many years ago.
  2. S

NFR NBA 2024

LeBron can play at 39 because he's jacked on steroids. If the refs in LA called the game as they should-no consistent 40+ free throws for the Lakers and the opposing team is lucky to get a dozen. That and call traveling. LA wouldn't even make the playoffs. LeBron flops worse than a BPL soccer...
  3. S

Splice tape?

Has anyone tried this to tape up the splices on your bamboo rod? Got it at home depot. Clear, non adhesive, very stretchy, sticks only to itself. Leaves no adhesive residue on the rod. I tried it on one of my rods and it worked very well. Haven't quite figured out the trick for easy removal...
  4. S

It's a jungle out there!

Many years ago I was on the Columbia springer fishing. It was late in the afternoon, wind blowing rain sideways. We were heading back to the launch when we saw a guy in an older boat using a canoe paddle trying to paddle his boat upriver and into the wind. He was screwed. My buddies weren't to...
  5. S

Rod differences

I'll add an additional note- clean your line! When is the last time you stripped your line off your reel and not only got all of the kinks/ twists out of the line, and used a line cleaner? There are several available. I use "glide". It's been around for years, and there might be better, but...
  6. S

Rod differences

I've never even picked up a $1000 rod. I'm on the same page as skyriver. I own several g loomis signature rods, including a 9' 4wt and 9' 5wt. Both are excellent rods, even at 30+ years old. Both are still used today. Fantastic dry fly rods. I fish an old school SA type 3 sinking line on a 9'...
  7. S

Tree damage ?---opinions on leaf guard gutter systems? Brands?

Yeah my neighbor paid >$20k for complete capped gutter system. So ouch that's definitely a buy once cry once. That said my roofer was pretty adamant about 4x6 w/bigger downspouts. RCF/Stonedfish-- good to hear your input as I'm kinda leaning towards the roofers recommendation. I get so much...
  8. S

I live just south of granite falls,wa., so freezing temps are minimal. A few days/year. My biggest problem is wind blown tree debris. I live amongst 100' fir and cedar trees. The 6" of the end of a cedar tree which turns brown, and then falls off during fall storms. My property/ house gets...
  9. S

This is an addition to the tree damage post. I'll be needing new gutters. My neighbor raves about his new gutters(it's either leaf guard or gutter guard), but the roofer recommends NOT using a capped gutter system. He recommends 4x6 gutters and additional downspouts. My neighbor had capped...
  10. S

Tree damage question

My roofer has been awesome. He's been in direct contact with the ins. Ins guy is beating him up, causing him to spend alot of time rewriting bids. Roofer is basically being a general contractor as he is handling the gutter people's bid-rewrite bid, as well as the masonry guys(chimney needs...
  11. S

Tree damage question

Salmo- roofer has not confirmed whether original are still available. Outside of that I would think a total replacement would be warranted simply on age alone. I live around 100' tall fir and cedar trees. I get excessive amounts of wind blown trees debris constantly. Gutters need to be cleaned...
  12. S

Tree damage question

End of Dec I had a tree fall on my house. Damage the back half of the roof, tore the gutters off. The roof is 14 years old. The house is worth in excess of $1m. My question up for input is the ins is offering to cover only the back half of the roof. The shingles probably won't match, so I...
  13. S

What fishing are you dreaming of right now?

Twizel canals, New Zealand. 30+ # rainbow trout. 100# tarpon outta Homosassa At this point being disabled for 7 years really I simply dream of just getting out and throwing line. Just being outside enjoying nature, fishing in silence, the sound of running water, maybe seeing a deer come down...
  14. S

Backyard Wildlife

Bucks don't normally show up until the day after opening day rifle season.(10/15 in Western wa.). This guy showed up a week early. He's munching apples under the tree 30' off my deck. I go out and knock down a dozen apples, chop them into small pieces and toss them around the tree. I set up a...
  15. DSC00706.JPG

DSC00706.JPG