Recent content by Starfish

1. S

Lake Lenore fish rescue

Hopefully in a future year after retirement I’ll be able to help out!
  2. S

Lake Lenore fish rescue

For those not “in the know”… Could you share a bit more information about this, what is being done and why? It sounds like this is a recurring thing, is it needed every year?
  3. S

FishWA App Update

Correct, I was told to expect electronic tagging and licensing next year! The new app does seem way faster.
  4. S

Flashlight?

My EDC is an Olight warrior mini 2 that someone gave me when I worked in a mine. 1750 lumens, USB charger and lasts a long time. I did accidentally burn a hole in my pocket before figuring out that it has a safe mode to prevent accidentally turning on. (Read the manual, stupid!)
  5. S

Vermont Info

No help on the fishing, but it’s cool that you’ll be there during the eclipse- should have totality where you will be.
  6. S

NFR Rivian R1T Driven Yesterday

Actually the motor IS underwater, to keep things cool. The head unit is just the control/autopilot compass part, the actual drive is submerged. (I’m not implying that it’s smart to drive an EV in the water btw)
  7. S

What are you listening to?

RIP Toby Keith. I’ll be adding a few of his songs to my playlist this week.
  8. S

Five things I learned today from this "truck fell through the ice" article...

The fishing aspect of ice fishing is actually super fun imho. I only made it out twice locally during the big freeze this year but I look forward to it every season. The fun aspect is because there’s no current or wind affecting your presentation, so any action on your spoon or jig is because...
  9. S

What are you listening to?

I keep adding Tyler Childers tunes to my cover list. I think I’ll learn Shake the Frost tonight.
  10. S

Hope your day was better.

Wow Rob, glad she’s okay. Also glad you escaped Pueblo and are making it back to WA.
  11. S

NFR Humor

Re: the blind hooker I told this to a friend. Her response: “She never saw you coming.”
  12. S

Do you participate? - WDFW/ODFW

Thanks for those who get/stay involved. Even though it’s disheartening sometimes I think it’s super important to stay informed and stay involved. Among other things I just got appointed to the Columbia River Recreational Fisheries Advisory Group.
  13. S

NFR Rivian R1T Driven Yesterday

Actually the first electric car was developed experimentally in 1832 and there were multiple on the market in the late 1890s.
  14. S

RIP Jimmy

I played A Pirate Looks At 40, He Went to Paris, and Son of a Sailor as warmups before our show at a music festival this morning :(