SSPey's latest activity

• SSPey
    SSPey reacted to Pescaphile's post in the thread River Snorkeling with Cutthroat with Like Like.
    Well the lake system stream did also have sockeye runs, so that would add biomass but these streams didn't have huge runs of sockeye...
  • SSPey
    SSPey replied to the thread NFR NBA 2024.
    Though Jimmy Butler is the team’s leader, the Miami Heat’s win-loss percentage this season is slightly better without Jimmy on the...
  • SSPey
    SSPey reacted to clarkman's post in the thread gear price jumps with Like Like.
    That's honestly not a bad idea!
  • SSPey
    SSPey replied to the thread gear price jumps.
    Find out who the regional rep is and contact them
  • SSPey
    SSPey replied to the thread gear price jumps.
    around 20 years ago, a friend involved in domestic fly line production lamented to me that the packaging cost more than the fly lines...
  • SSPey
    SSPey replied to the thread NFR NBA 2024.
    The refs made sure the 76ers wouldn’t have that opportunity...
  • SSPey
    SSPey replied to the thread Why not a motor?.
    My 17.5’ aluminum sled is advertised as a dual-purpose “power/rowing” boat of the sort this thread has drifted towards. Called a jet...
  • SSPey
    SSPey reacted to SurfnFish's post in the thread Why not a motor? with Like Like.
    all comes down to the bottom rocker - for a power drift boat to be effective, the bottom rocker needs to be straightened through the...
  • SSPey
    SSPey replied to the thread Why not a motor?.
    Generally agree with Evan, but there’s lots of different kinds of rivers in the world. Near me, 8-9.9hp motors often push driftboats...
  • SSPey
    Part 1 of 6: A wet, windy week at Patagonian BaseCamp in mid-March. Preamble: This adventure to Chile had a long gestation, enduring...
  • SSPey
    SSPey reacted to Stonedfish's post in the thread Tippet spool management with Like Like.
    I just use an appropriate size rubber band for the spool width. I sometimes poke a hole in the wide ones I use on spools like Maxima...
  • SSPey
    SSPey replied to the thread Tippet spool management.
    I use 2 wide rubber bands, overlapping a little, with the mono sticking up between them. It grips the mono extremely well. I like the...
  • SSPey
    a final nutrient treatise (this is my sub-specialty in science) Across multiple studies in WA, OR, ID, and BC where nutrients...
  • SSPey
    The literature agrees with all this, the answer is “it depends” in many ways … on when, where, how, and which organisms are considered...
  • SSPey
    Decided to do a little unscientific sampling today to check out my flood impact theory. Went to the Hazel area and in the first riffle...