Smalma's latest activity

• S
    Smalma replied to the thread Stillie gamefish opportunities..
    Returning to Stillaguamish game fish opportunities. At the first NOF it was announced that several Chinook stocks (SF Nooksack, Skagit...
  • S
    Ever since the Ice left Puget Sound the salmonids have been exchanging individuals from the various populations. That is what they do...
  • S
    I believe that the status of the North Fork Stillaguamish Chinook is much worst that what is commonly thought (if such a thing is...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread The start of Topwater 2024😝.
    Well done sir!!! Back in my gear fishing days I could usually get some top water LMB in late February (wet side of the mountains)...
  • S
    According to the 2017 report "Geomorphic Response of the North Fork River to the State Route 530 Landside near Oso, Washington, (US...
  • S
    Just got off with the NOF PFMC morning update call. Current the proposed Stillaguamish game fish season is now the same as last year...
  • S
    Those black face springers are indeed the best salmon in the World!!! A couple decades of focusing the Lower River harvest on the...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread What's Catching You Fish?.
    Would not be surprised that bull trout took that egg pattern as a flesh fly. That said steelhead has to be one of the "dumbest" fish...
  • S
    I see that some of the NF Stilli comments on WDFW's NOF site focused on various gear limitations. Keep in mind that in 2022 the "fly...
  • S
    Yes it was true. According to WDFW staff a small group of fly anglers were targeting Chinook in the upper NF, bragging about their...
  • S
    It is gratifying to see some NOF public comments supporting game fish seasons in the Stillaguamish basin! That said it is likely too...
  • S
    Creatch'r - You got it!
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread Interior BC patterns?.
    In addition to the usual suspects I always take an assortment of soft hackles in various sizes and colors.
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread 2024 Skagit Steelhead.
    After the recent NOF meeting got a chance to talk with regional biologist from both Region 4 and 6. Both thought the fishing to date...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread 2024 Skagit Steelhead.
    I think you may be right. Historically the late March and early April has been what I considered of the fishery, fresh stilling...