Recent content by Russell

1. Russell

TFO deer creek 14' 6/7

I got the Delta Long 6/7 and the CND 7/8 all spooled up and ready to go. Also have a regular Delta 6/7 and 7/8 that I can try. Just need to get down to the river...
  2. Russell

TFO deer creek 14' 6/7

Please provide proof :rolleyes:
  3. Russell

TFO deer creek 14' 6/7

I have and liked using delta multi tip I use delta's and delta's with multi tips. Not sure what you mean by the difference? I have both delta's and delta lines with multi tips. How does the match up matter on the multi tip line?
  4. Russell

TFO deer creek 14' 6/7

4 Didn't know they made a 5pc
  5. Russell

TFO deer creek 14' 6/7

Just picked up one of these on kind of an impulse purchase and was wondering if anyone had experience with this rod. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a test run but bought it hoping it would work well with mid belly lines. I currently have a Delta Long multi tip and a cnd gps 7/8...
  6. Russell

What Are You Eating?

Is there a date and location set for the Brute dinner clave 2024?
  7. Russell

Awesome Dogs of PNW

A big day fishing and now dreaming of the hunt.
  8. Russell

Awesome Dogs of PNW

9. Russell

Winter Project - Steffen 8' 3/4 glass rod

One more photo Is a perfect rod for little wild rainbows in the Sierra’s It’s found a home here and will get quite a bit of use this summer.
  10. Russell

Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee

I fish two lines on Downriggers and 1-2 lines with lead core line for Kokanee and trout. I do as well with all of the rods. The micro lead core you can buy now fits on a modest size reel. Quite a few times do better on the lead core and it is simple and easy.
  11. Russell

Non-Fly Strait/Sound Halibut

A good chance to pick up some nice stripers or even a sturgeon as well. The california halibut does not get so big but if you get hooked into a large leopard shark or bat ray you may end up with some sore knuckles... 😂 People look at me pretty funny down here when I show up with the Mooching rig.
  12. Russell

Non-Fly Strait/Sound Halibut

Halibut fishing is picking up down here. Went out yesterday and we got 8 shakers but no legal fish. Beautiful day though on the SF Bay. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day in San Quentin.
  13. Russell

FS Rare 9'6" Almarco Mini Drifter With Roller Trailer

I believe it to be the manufactures trying to sell their boats. I don’t have any insight to the Craigslist postings.
  14. Russell

FS Rare 9'6" Almarco Mini Drifter With Roller Trailer

Current pricing https://sacramento.craigslist.org/bod/d/sacramento-mini-drifter-aluminum/7737231106.html I have the same 10'er and it is an outstanding fishing platform.
  15. Russell

What Are You Eating?

A little cougar gold mac and cheese. Flavor was there but texture not quite what I was after.