Recent content by MVDan

1. MVDan

NFR Any Guesses What These Mean?

they may not provide service to your address, but have fiber cable through your neighborhood that creates connections from one area to another. You may have comcast, AT&T, and Ziply fiber cables running down one street and can only get service from century link. The aerial portion that you see...
  2. MVDan

I work for a large telecom and half of my work group deals with locating and protecting the local and national fiber cables. From my understanding we are the only company that locates their own cable, most companies contract the work out. I have heard some horror stories, most of the time it’s...
  3. MVDan

Ziply fiber cable runs under the ground at that location
  4. MVDan

What's your fishing rig?

2016 4runner
  5. IMG_1810.jpeg

IMG_1810.jpeg

6. MVDan

The "How was your weekend?" thread...

I spent a few hours below the bridge today, two white fish landed.
  7. MVDan

FS Float Tubes

I will take the F&S if it’s available
  8. MVDan

REVIEW: Simms Flyweight Access Wading Boot (Photo heavy)

Thanks for the review. I had my eye on these. May stick with korkers
  9. MVDan

Yakima walk and wade advice

Agreed. The first fish I hooked up to was while I was dragging my fly out of the river 6ft from my feet.
  10. MVDan

The "How was your weekend?" thread...

..A few weekends ago but still a weekend. My daughter and I went backpacking in the Rainier area, she caught her first fish on the fly rod. It was a great weekend. Lots of eager brook trout in this lake.
  11. IMG_4072.jpeg

IMG_4072.jpeg

12. IMG_3708.jpeg

IMG_3708.jpeg

13. MVDan

Which Fly to buy

I spend too much time and money on flies for how often I am able to fish. The flies I seem to stick with are: 12 parachute Adam’s, chubby, stimulator 8 sculpzila Apparently I should get my nymph game going at some point.
  14. MVDan

Yakima walk and wade advice

Happy to hear this. I’m a new angler and have tried the upper yak twice with no luck, both in early spring. I have been tempted to drive a bit further to Ellensburg area since Cle Elum has been un-productive for me. Hopefully try to sneak away for a day and give it another shot this month.