Recent content by Merle

1. Merle

Little Update

Grey job, congrats @Nick Clayton !
  2. Merle

Uh, do we name the lake? Trip report protocol?

Agreed… even though they’ve been lots of times where I’m dying to figure out where someone was fishing, I don’t want them divulging it to the world. I actually enjoy sometimes playing detective and cruising Google maps, trying to figure out where someone was.
  3. Merle

NFR A Flag Gripe

True (arguably), but those are still values that we should aspire to.
  4. Merle

The Perfect Storm (aka fishing on westside this afternoon)

It was weird how it suddenly got so gusty and stormy this afternoon, after being so nice and sunny. Glad you got off the water safely! Those are some nice perch too!
  5. Merle

Dept. of Ecology declares drought emergency for most of Washington state

I've been checking his blog daily ever since the news story about the drought dropped, hoping he'd shed some levity on it. and he did, as usual.
  6. Merle

FS Rare 9'6" Almarco Mini Drifter With Roller Trailer

Hey that’d be great to see what you built. I have looked at some utility trailers and thought about how to mod them. Also curious about titling a custom build like that in Wa, how did that go for you? Thanks, andy
  7. Merle

FS Rare 9'6" Almarco Mini Drifter With Roller Trailer

Sweet set up, GLWTS! Is that trailer custom built for that boat? For years I've been trying to come up with a trailer solution for my 9' pram. Just wondered if you built it or if it came with the boat or you found it and bought it somewhere.
  8. Merle

FS/T Echo Stillwater 6100-4 10' 6wt and Redington Predator 696-4 6wt

I kinda want the Predator but I need another 6wt like I need a hole in the head LOL… so trying to resist 😀
  9. Merle

What's in your vise?

Another famous "Cop Car" pattern was a fly that Dennis Dickson used for guiding steelhead up on the Skagit / Stilly. He created a bit of mystique about it as he never published photos or descriptions of it, you had to book a guided trip to get to see the killer pattern. I think I finally...
  10. Merle

Panama

Excellent TR @Brute... keep (all) the pics coming!
  11. Merle

Wanted Sage XP 5wt 9'0 Fly Rod

I finally found a 590-4 XP a few years ago on the old site. I think I paid &400+shipping and it was very well used (still totally fishable, no damage, but pretty worn). The only problem with finally finding one of the really great older rods is I’m afraid to take them out fishing, for fear of...
  12. Merle

I try to keep an eye out for good deals on XP's and Z-axis's, but they are still frightfully expensive. Those two models, along with the LL's have a cult following and seem to always fetch top dollar.
  13. Merle

What's in your vise?

I'm really digging that last one!
  14. Merle

I just took a quick look at the big auction site and there were a few...both BIN and auctions. Are you looking for 2pc or 4pc?