Matt B's latest activity

• Matt B
    Matt B reacted to Evan B's post in the thread Sailfish? with Haha Haha.
    I've caught two in Mexico. How can I help you?
  • Matt B
    Matt B posted the thread Sailfish? in Saltwater.
    Has anyone here fly fished for sailfish—especially Pacific sailfish off Costa Rica? I have some questions!
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to clarkman's post in the thread gear price jumps with Like Like.
    Regardless of value, etc etc etc....that big of a price hike shocked me. It would be cool if instead of giving out free stuff to...
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to SurfnFish's post in the thread gear price jumps with Like Like.
    new wonderkind fly lines that combined with the latest wonderkind fly rods are capable of casting at least 2x the distance past the fish...
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to PhilR's post in the thread gear price jumps with Like Like.
    All I have to say is that it better come with a reusable spool for that price.
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to Travis Bille's post in the thread Eels with Haha Haha.
    I had a patient from the Hoopa reservation in Northern California on the Trinity River. She gave me a jar of smoked lamprey. It was...
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to mcswny's post in the thread gear price jumps with Like Like.
    You’ll have 8 by years end ;)
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to Cabezon's post in the thread Eels with Like Like.
    Great find, Matt. And I love the parallel. Steve
  • Matt B
    Matt B replied to the thread gear price jumps.
    I agree. But—It does seem sort of upside down to think that you could very legitimately be fishing a rod that costs less than your line...
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to Evan B's post in the thread gear price jumps with Like Like.
    I will give one counterpoint, knowing what goes in to making lines: After working in that world, I don't think lines are as over-priced...
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to Stonedfish's post in the thread Pickled Eggs, Sausage or Bologna with Like Like.
    Had some eggs I needed to use and some leftover juice from one of my favorite condiments, pepperoncinis. Added red onion and garlic...
  • Matt B
    Matt B replied to the thread Eels.
    My Inner Lumper finds some new research strangely satisfying: “…to further disrupt the species taxonomy, they demonstrated that western...
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to Tallguy's post in the thread Eels with Like Like.
    I'd love to catch one on your boat, they taste so so good. In New England waters the closely related species are called "wolf fish" and...
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to Zak's post in the thread Eels with Like Like.
    My son found four dead lamprey in the Snoqualmie River today. Neither of us know much about them. Any idea what species these are, and...
  • Matt B
    Matt B reacted to Zak's post in the thread Westside lakes waking up? with Like Like.
    "My" lake in Mill Creek has a bunch of trout rising tonight, first time this year! Season opens Saturday. 🙂