Recent content by Lake flyer

1. L

Caught in the middle…

I always opt for a little big over a little small. Sometimes I get “just right” but rarely.
  2. L

Orofino lodging

I have the opportunity to fish the Clearwater around Orofino area third week of September. I am going solo and would like recommendations on decent hotels or lodging in the area. Not looking for camping, just a nice place to base out of for five or six days. Walking distance to restaurant would...
  3. L

Personal Protection

Wear a porcupine skin cap. Only a real woodsman would have one, but sure keeps the bears and cougars from giving you that deadly neck bite.
  4. L

NFR Hourly rate

I think it is more a problem with our tax code that allows someone well above poverty level income to pay nothing.
  5. L

Gorilla 5 minute epoxy

I had some Flexcoat epoxy that was crystallizing and had to warm it up in hot tap watet to get back to liquid. I wonder if it would work the same on gorilla glue unless it is completely solid.
  6. L

Canned corned beef hash-expensive dog food?

My 93 year old Dad’s favorite meal👍
  7. L

Canned corned beef hash-expensive dog food?

Forget the corned beef and go Spam. Even the low sodium Spam tastes pretty good.
  8. L

question re noise from textured lines

Textured shoots with less effort. I don’t really notice noise.
  9. L

NFR Bah Humbug

Relax, Christmas only comes once a year for two and a half months.
  10. L

NFR Aurora Alert

We could see them here in Missoula twenty minutes ago
  11. L

NW Trolls

Saw this one Sunday on the bank of the Manisique river in Germfask Michigan’s upper peninsula. It has to be about 20’ high. It was built in July.
  12. IMG_4514.jpeg

IMG_4514.jpeg

13. L

Wading boot laces

👍paracord. It has lasted longer than original Simms lace and cost me a dollar for 50’
  14. L

Tru oil finish

Can I use it instead of spar varnish to refinish a fiberglass Fenwick rod?
  15. L

Tru oil finish

Do you have to rotate the rod as it is drying?