Recent content by Keeks

1. Keeks

Sea Run 101

If you want to read more about targeting cutthroat in rivers, check out "Fly-fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout" by Les Johnson. It's the second edition of his classic "Sea Run". It covers both rivers and salt, and has a lot of great fly patterns that, in my experience, you don't see much in fly...
  2. Keeks

Guide recs on McKenzie River?

Hey folks! I‘m going to a wedding on the McKenzie river in Oregon at the end of the month (McKenzie Bridge, specifically). Id love to get out for a day of fishing. Any guide recommendations?
  3. Keeks

Freshwater SRC flies

I’ve caught 90% of my freshwater SRC on size 8 Doc Spratley’s and Silver Hiltons. Ive also caught rainbow and coho on the Silver Hilton. Sometimes I tie something new for fun, but usually end up putting one of these back on :)
  4. A3C7155B-B572-4163-9E61-320D0D8800D8.jpeg

A3C7155B-B572-4163-9E61-320D0D8800D8.jpeg

5. Keeks

Seeking Road Trip Ideas!

Thanks everyone! It seems like central Oregon is the crowd favorite :) I'll start doing some research.
  6. Keeks

Seeking Road Trip Ideas!

Any campgrounds in particular you would recommend? Or any experience with the various cabins/lodges/"rv resorts" around there?
  7. Keeks

Seeking Road Trip Ideas!

Hey everyone. My husband and I are trying to plan a trip this summer that is a little more extensive/fun/special than the 1 night airbnb getaways in Western WA that have been our go-to during Covid. I'm hoping for some ideas! Here are some criteria: Within a few days drive of Seattle--OR...
  8. Keeks

Where did it start?

I learned to fish from my mom’s brother who, because he had no kids of his own, tried his best to instill a love of the sport with all his nieces and nephews. He’s a pretty hardcore fisherman and his outings weren’t exactly kid friendly, so I was the only one it stuck with. After a few bluegill...
  9. Keeks

Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

When I was 14 and on a Spring Break trip to Cannon Beach with my family, we found an almost completely decomposed human body on the beach. Like a halloween skeleton with only some bits of connective tissue and shreds of denim to convince you otherwise. I’ll never forget the way it moved...