Recent content by jkdurden

1. jkdurden

How about some bass by-catch...

I’ll bet the head shake on that beast was amazing.
  2. jkdurden

New Sage fly rods

I just bought an entire quiver of X’s. I think I’m done. :cool:
  3. jkdurden

Spey Tips that Actually Helped

One need only look at Mike McCune’s demonstrations on Vimeo to see if you’re putting in too much effort. Effortless power is the goal…and Mike is one of the best that I’ve ever seen.
  4. jkdurden

North Platte?

I'd pack a "Goldie" bugger or two. White bugger with gold body. There is a pattern called The North Platte Spider but I'd bet that is more of an Autumn pattern. I've only fished the Mile once. It was a great trip. I didn't get anything on the swing that trip. I was a rookie on the...
  5. jkdurden

Spey Tips that Actually Helped

After the flop, as you begin to sweep your D loop, your first move in this sequence should be out toward the middle of the river and then around. OUT and THEN around…. This move decreased my effort and increased my casting distance an additional 20-25 feet. “The goal of spey casting is the...
  6. jkdurden

Let’s start a trout spey thread

Hi…I’m JD and I’m a Spey addict. :-) But you have to want to change…and I don’t. Started trout Spey about five years ago. Haven’t looked back. I love fishing a two handed rod. I have a full quiver of Sage One’s Spey/Switch from 2-8. I also have a fairly full quiver of Sage X single-handed...