Recent content by JB20

1. J

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

With Colorado eliminated, none of the remaining teams in this year’s playoffs has won a Stanley Cup this century. Dallas is the most recent champ, and they won in 1999. So we’ll have a “fresh” champion for the first time in a while. I don’t count Vegas, for obvious reasons.
  2. J

Harriet Lake road access

I have to apologize for the lousy info, but apparently the short route to Harriet is not officially open. Some dingus clipped the lock and opened the gate but the area is still closed and hazardous. Long way around it is, for now. Sorry!!
  3. J

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

The smelling salts thing has gotten hilariously out of hand, guys just jamming them into their eyeballs between plays 😂. And agreed, I want to see Pavs get his cup.
  4. J

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Coke and hockey players have a long history, which has always struck me as weird. I wouldn’t play well if I didn’t eat my pregame sandwich at the exact right time and other guys are like no worries I’ll just rail a couple lines and win the Stanley Cup.
  5. J

Harriet Lake road access

The short route to Harriet is back open. Not 57, but the gravel road next to the Ripplebrook store. Watched two bankies (adult men) get into a fist fight that ended in gunshots. I’m sure this display and the opening of the Estacada route are totally coincidental…
  6. J

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Nice win for my Sharks.
  7. J

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Toronto? Win a cup? Aren’t those are mutually exclusive concepts?? 🤓
  8. J

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Rod the Bod’s contract is about to expire in Carolina, I’m guessing his old buddy Ron Francis wants to keep the seat open in case he’s looking for a change. That would be a huge get for the Kraken if it happens!
  9. J

Merrill Lake closure

Thanks for all the info, everyone. I also got in touch with DNR and they said May/June is the timeframe for getting things reopened. Hopefully that means it won’t be a lost season entirely!
  10. J

Merrill Lake closure

Washington department of natural resources has a note on their site saying Merrill Lake and all public access is closed due to winter storm damage. Can anyone confirm whether or not that info is up to date? Much appreciated!
  11. J

Harriet Lake road access

I hunted down an update, and it sounds like the short route to Harriet *might* open up sometime this summer. If not, though, the company contracted to do the cleanup and repairs has to get the work done by December 31, 2024. So worst case, we’re looking at one more season of going up and over...
  12. J

Guided trip question

Bring tip money ;).
  13. J

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

God I hope they go on a hot streak and bump Vegas out of a wildcard spot. That team is just so detestable.
  14. J

Litter

I’ve lived and fished in a half dozen states from one coast to the other, and without doubt Oregon and Washington have more trash littering their open spaces than anywhere else I’ve been. Littering and dumping on public land seems to just be an acceptable part of PNW culture. I can’t tell you...
  15. J

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Drunk, and the effects of lifelong alcoholism. Jack Edwards is one of the biggest lushes in the league. He’s also a next level homer, to the point where he’s incited fanbase threats against opposing teams players and even celebrated their injuries on live TV. He’s had his wrist slapped by the...