Recent content by Islander

1. Islander

Garmin Striker Cast

I mainly use mine for depth and temperature readings.
  2. Islander

Lake craft recommendation

Not sure where would be a stable place to stand, on the seat? I have enough trouble standing on solid ground when casting. 😄 Maybe there is an option of some type of support bar, any pictures from the promo?
  3. Islander

Garmin Striker Cast

Let us know how you like the Garmin. Looks much simpler and less stuff to deal with than the Fish Trax. Just tie it on to your tube off the back or side and you’re good to go.
  4. Islander

Garmin Striker Cast

That looks like a great little unit. I don’t have experience with that particular one, but I’ve been using this in my float tube and it’s very convenient. https://hawkeyeelectronics.com/products/fishtrax-1c-fish-finder
  5. Islander

CP

Beautiful pictures, nice looking fish!
  6. Islander

FS Fly lines, all new in box. S.A., Rio, Airflo. One hand and spey 1/2 Price!

I’ll take this line: S.A. MPX WF6F Grey/Green/Black $66 1/2 = 33 + shipping 6.5 = $39.50 Correct? Or is the listed price the 1/2 price? I’m easily confused.
  7. Islander

Lake craft recommendation

I’ve been real happy with my Outcast boats. I have the Cruzer model which is very portable and the Stealth Pro which is more inline with the Scadden you have size wise. They make a boat somewhat in between the two called the Fishcat Scout that I would have most likely bought had it been...
  8. Islander

Rescue, maybe…

I went out today and followed your suggestions. Just balancing one reel and swapping out lines saves a bunch of fiddling around for sure! I started with a 5wt and it felt too light with very little loading. Put on a 6wt and it felt a lot better and was loading the rod nicely. I didn’t have a 7wt...
  9. Islander

The annual report, with a smile!

Fabulous! I do miss the Lenice Opener, lots of great memories for the several times I did it.
  10. Islander

Central WA's husky rainbows 2/22/2024

I was thinking the same thing, big fish looking for a big meal.
  11. Islander

Rescue, maybe…

Thanks for all the info! I like the idea of trying to cast it, I’ll try that this week. I am also ok with the handle if the cork can just be smoothed out. I’m not interested in doing a project that I know very little about and was hoping to find someone here that I could pay to add a reel seat...
  12. Islander

SFR Falling Fish

Several years back when I lived on Whidbey, an eagle had grabbed a big rainbow off the surface during the summer. Apparently when the lake would get hot, fish would tend to be more towards the surface in search of better oxygen content. Anyway, this eagle is flying towards its nest and looses...
  13. Islander

Meet on a lake Sat 3/16?

Great pics, glad to see some board folks getting together. Beautiful fish also!
  14. Islander

Rescue, maybe…

Got this from when my wife used to do estate sales so I have no history. Looks as if someone was in the process of redoing this rod but it needs the cork finished and a reel seat. There are no markings and I’m not sure if it’s worth having the work done. If someone is interested in completing...
  15. Islander

Finally!

So the Seeger Effect (@Shawn Seeger) has been hitting Wyoming pretty hard lately. My hike in lake was ice free over a week ago, but high winds kept me from fishing. Then the temps dropped and it refroze to frustrate me even more. The near by C&R lake is usually the last to thaw out, but when...