Recent content by holtad

1. H

Kona A-Bay Areas - February 2023

For the littles I'd check out Keiki Beach aka baby beach aka Queens Bath just north of Kona. Total hidden gem for tourists but well known to locals. https://maps.app.goo.gl/Js2bKuULX3rd8EY77 It has a small sandy beach and a big "pool" (Think 2x the size of an Olympic swimming pool that...
  2. Triton Snail.GIF

Triton Snail.GIF

3. manta.GIF

manta.GIF

4. Sunset.GIF

Sunset.GIF

5. babybeach.GIF

babybeach.GIF

6. Capture.GIF

Capture.GIF

7. H

FS Sage X 697-4 - Sold

I actually have two One 6wts... maybe I sell both and snag the X! You've twisted my arm!! Brian I'll PM you :)
  8. H

Fly Fishing Puget Sound

Can you put a trolling motor on the bow of that? I love the idea of a sled style boat for solo or duo missions
  9. H

FS Sage X 697-4 - Sold

I 100% agree that fighting butt is best. I was just making a off-handed remark given I already have sage one 6wt... trying to justify (out loud) to my self the price for the X!!
  10. H

FS Sage X 697-4 - Sold

Question is... is it worth upgrading from the Sage One 6wt w/o a fighting butt...
  11. H

Puget Sound

Delayed report but I fished MA11 from 6-9am last Friday and went 1/1. 3lb'ish rezzie that took my fly right at shore as I was walking backward & reeling in to call it quits (another bit of evidence why to strip all the way to the tip). Of course that got me to stick around for another hr... I...
  12. H

Wanted Non-Fly Gear for salmon - Jigging/Mooching, whatever you got for cheap'ish

Hey Friends, I have buddy looking to get into fishing in the PS for the first time. Has a friend with a boat but no gear & minimal knowledge of what he's doing. He wants to try next week for Coho but isn't fully ready to commit the $ to buying all new. I figured some folks here may have some...
  13. H

Puget Sound

Went 1:1 yesterday on Pinks at well known east side beach. Most gear guys were hooking up but fewer fish around than last week for sure. Pink run seems to be finally tailing off a bit. Bring on the Coho!
  14. H

Puget Sound

Great picture of the silver tail splash.
  15. H

Puget Sound

Went 2/2 this morning on Pinks in MA9. Released one and gave the other to a kid who clearly was eager to take something home. Most guys at least hooked up but I saw a lot of horsed fish and a bunch lost at the beach. Seal also claimed a few victims and stole a nice coho from the guy next to...