Recent content by Hem

1. Hem

Need/Want new Honda30 outboard.

I hear you. My 16' War Eagle has a side console. Hoping to keep the Honda shifter I bought about 6 years ago, to save some $. Doesn't seem like there is much available inland.
  2. Hem

Need/Want new Honda30 outboard.

Any of you guys from Washington recommend a Honda dealer? My Honda25 is toast and I'm desperately trying to find a replacement. Seattle to Spokane. Thanks.
  3. Hem

The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Fish are slimy, pike are really slimy.🤣 But to answer your question I think they are great to eat. Many people prefer walleye, which is outstanding, but for me pike are a close second. Takes a different approach to remove the meat. Maybe this year I will try pickling. Since I rarely kill...
  4. Hem

Wrapped up turkey hunting and did some lake fishing on Saturday. Boated 5 pike. Nothing exceptional but still fun. Next trip in a few weeks for turkeys and pike.
  5. Hem

Is no one hunting turkeys?

#3 this evening.
  6. Hem

Is no one hunting turkeys?

Two with one. Being frugal with my TSS.
  7. Hem

Wasn't what I was expecting, but trying some unproven flies to encourage the trout I caught my largest walleye. Fish tacos tonight.😁
  8. Hem

Panama

This is downright cool. Funny I was talking to my wife tonight about the best ceviche we ever had...in Baja. But your pic in the opening posts looked dynamite. Liked seeing the photos of historic district and historical tributes. Thanks for sharing.
  9. Hem

NEW ARTICLE: So you think you want to target Musky?

There are plenty of options for pike around the State, but most of them require a bit of a drive.
  10. Hem

Where are you located?
  11. Hem

Lake fishing is starting in Montana.
  12. Hem

Kinda what I was thinking.
  13. Hem

Solid advice. I'm guessing water temps were in the high 30's, maybe 40. Still some ice on the bank. Lake bottom has variety. Shallow bays the weed eventually flourishes in, but also deeper water bordered by sand, ledge and some larger structure. I took my boat out last September, trying to get...
  14. Hem

Beulah vs Echo?

Another question for those of you who cast a 2H-OH rod. I'm playing with a variety of integrated lines....for the most part proper grain weight with heavy heads. In order to propel the line for maximum distance it would seem I still have to initiate the cast with a fair amount of line off the...
  15. Hem

LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

At that age I was thinking about executing alright... Tied with fishing, of course.