Recent content by Haggis57

1. Haggis57

Tippet spool management

A YouTube video for the shrink tube approach.
  2. Haggis57

Lake craft recommendation

I did come across the picture below - don't know the source - of a guy standing on a small Fish Cat Scout. He appears to have his fins on. I have a Fish Cat Scout and have no doubt that the Scout and certainly the Stealth Pro would be stable enough to let you do this. But at 67, I'm like...
  3. 5u2 Scout - Standing.JPG

5u2 Scout - Standing.JPG

4. Haggis57

Garmin Striker Questions

Looks like a nice clean installation! The best option for your extra transducer cable might be to cable wrap/zip tie it to your re-purposed Fishin Buddy mount and then just leave a short section to connect to your Garmin screen each time. I tried to keep my extra power and transducer cables...
  5. 20220628j.jpg

20220628j.jpg

6. Haggis57

It's Only A Matter Of Time

See Horsepower calc below from Minn Kota and Minn Kota published Voltage/Amp Draw data.
  7. Haggis57

Depth finder for lakes

My Garmin Striker 4 came with the rudimentary mounting instructions below and some mounting screws. The Scotty packages usually come with some mounting hardware as well. Based on the Amazon reviews for the Scotty 268, you'll likely have to drill one or more holes in the plastic plate for the...
  8. 1710441215066.png

1710441215066.png

9. Haggis57

Garmin Striker Questions

Would a Scotty gunwale clamp and a Scotty transducer arm work?
  10. 4a1.JPG

4a1.JPG

11. 20220628d.jpg

20220628d.jpg

12. 20220628c.jpg

20220628c.jpg

13. Haggis57

Garmin Striker Questions

This is the strap-on mount for the Garmin Striker from FishFinderMounts that is very similar to Scotty float tube mount. I'm not sure there is much to choose from between the two. You still have to remember to move the transducer when landing! Nocqua package is slick but kind of pricy in...
  14. Haggis57

Edmonton Canada

I'm from Calgary, a few hours South of Edmonton, so not directly familiar with the offering in the Edmonton area. Although this CBC news article is a few years old, it provides a good summary of the opportunities in the area. Unfortunately, Edmonton is a ways from the Rockies and the river...
  15. Haggis57

Dubbing Loops

Have you looked at this video - both Tim Flagler and Phil Rowley.