Recent content by GeekOfAllTrades

1. GeekOfAllTrades

Another Hatchery Fail

Agreed. Feels like one of those, "If only common sense were common" cases. The part that frustrates me most is the statement they said after, "WDFW does not expect there will be significant negative impacts to orcas, Puget Sound salmon fisheries, or future hatchery operations from this loss of...
  2. GeekOfAllTrades

Another Hatchery Fail

I'm going to try and restrain myself from getting too heated because at the end of the day it sounded like a genuine accident but, c'mon. Having enough water in the tank is like... requirement No. 1 for raising fish. Do better. *Shakes head in defeat*
  3. GeekOfAllTrades

Puget Sound

I did see a small school yesterday, hard to count but I'd guess between 25-50 fry. It was also pretty close to a creek mouth, like maybe 25 yards away from the creek as I was making my way out onto a neighboring point. Maybe things are just a little slower than normal?
  4. GeekOfAllTrades

Funky Flows

Thanks for the tips, much appriciated!
  5. GeekOfAllTrades

Puget Sound

Only found two that wanted to play yesterday. Both off the same beach, so it might even be the same fish. Had to be out there early before the sun got too high and the wind picked up.
  6. 1711985778813.png

1711985778813.png

7. 1711985787062.png

1711985787062.png

8. GeekOfAllTrades

Funky Flows

Thanks everyone for the replies and explanations. I had no idea about the history of the dams' operation and that 1991 deal. I had kinda assumed something to the effect Curt was describing where the drastic change in flows is the root of the problem, not necessarily how much flow but the rate of...
  9. GeekOfAllTrades

Funky Flows

Just had a realization that the pattern started back on the 15th when we had the relative scorcher of a weekend. Probably just early (and abundant) runoff from all the drainages up there into ross, diablo, and Newhalem. So that's my new guess.
  10. GeekOfAllTrades

Funky Flows

Lol set myself up for that one. Agreed wholeheartedly.
  11. GeekOfAllTrades

Funky Flows

Hey y'all. I'm still in the beginning of learning how to read flow data and how that affects my fishing plans, so I have a question for the more experienced folks on the forum. Is this flow pattern normal? Or some glitch in the data? I'm aware of a few patterns like seasonal runoff...
  12. GeekOfAllTrades

Yakima 11/6

Solid report, beautiful fish, and sounds like it was a good time! I also love how your first pic captures that "moody" vibe that not just the canyon but a lot of our WA watersheds get when the winter months arrive. Socked in with low clouds, nice and quiet, only a few other folks out there. It...
  13. GeekOfAllTrades

Oct '23 Gifford Pinchot Lakes part 1

What a gorgeous fish! Love the report and pics. Thanks for sharing!