Recent content by Flymph

1. Flymph

SFR We knew this was coming, right???

Yea, maybe so. But!!! mine is not covered by "Mass" pollution.:rolleyes:
  2. Flymph

SFR We knew this was coming, right???

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/climate-lab/wa-declares-statewide-drought-emergency-following-poor-snowpack/
  3. Flymph

What are you listening to?

Last night's Billy Joel's "100th" brought back so many memories! "I am an innocent man" has always been a favorite. Great back-up group and always a great sound treat from MSG in New York City!
  4. Flymph

Blast from the past

These, in size 12, some gink, and "game on" back in the 70s. Did not need or want to fish emergers when fish eagerly slammed down these big Humpies. Back then the Calibaetis hatch did not start until mid to late June. Back then it was not uncommon to see a late snow fall in combination with a...
  5. 1713145804818.png

1713145804818.png

6. Flymph

Go to lake fly?

Chickabou feathers tied tip first from rear to front. No need for body material unless you want to experiment. You can purchase the more expensive "Brahma" hen from Whiting at the "Feather Emporium" ($23). Or, cheapskate it like I have from Amazon. Color schemes are unlimited. And yes, the...
  7. Flymph

Who’d a thunk it…?

Posting pictures of our back yard!!:whistle: 61% Snow Pack and hoping for more!!! How does Tom get away with 93%???
  8. Flymph

Go to lake fly?

Brahma buggers include endless variaiton possibilities. They are slowly replacing regular buggers in my lake boxes.
  9. 1712617828997.png

1712617828997.png

10. Flymph

Coffeepot Lake

Must have snake dens near this lake. It seems every time I see a Coffee Pot post a snake is included! Even with water temp at 44 degrees.
  11. Flymph

Reattaching marabou tails.

Being in the cheapskate division of old, lazy, fly tiers, I "try" to reattach marabou tails. This could be for those flies with few strands remaining. Or, it could be that for some zen type feeling I feel the need to remove a "now" non-desirable color in favor of a mystical new concoction that...
  12. Flymph

Flashlight?

How many lumens on your main Streamlight?
  13. Flymph

Flashlight?

Looking to upgrade to a high powered flashlight. Research = prices, lumens, etc. are all over the place not to mention mostly bad to very bad testimonials. Love to hear your thoughts.
  14. Flymph

NFR Time Share Exit Advice?

How close are you to the water? If close, just make sure you have adequate insurance and time will take care of the rest without resorting to fire.