Recent content by flyfisherdon

1. F

McCloud River rainbows

Thank you. I am headed there in mid-May to fish the Nature Conservancy section. Beautiful country!
  2. F

Corned Beef

Rinsed and boiled with sequentially boiled veggies.
  3. IMG_2673.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg

4. IMG_2673.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg

5. F

Any recommendations for best rod for smaller streams and blue lines?

THANK YOU everyone! It's been like a doctoral research seminar, reading your responses. I have learned much from your ideas and recommendations! I am beginning the journey by visiting a local fly shop and trying their recommendation. If that does not feel right, I will explore your...
  6. F

I greatly appreciate all the thoughtful ideas here. Thinking about going glass. No one has mentioned the 3wt Sage Sonic. I am biased a bit toward PNW companies and fly shops. Good choice or not?
  7. F

Is there a better brand for a glass rod. Not sure if there is time to obtain a cane rod, right?
  8. F

Yes, or fly shops near the Yak (1st stop) or Dillon, MT (second stop).
  9. F

Hi, I have a 9' Sage X 5 wt and a 10' ESN. I am looking for a lighter and smaller rod for smaller waters on an upcoming cross-country road trip including both western and eastern waters. I am thinking a 3 wt would compliment this set nicely. Maybe 7'6? I wonder if you might share any...
  10. F

North of North Sound SRC hunt

Great report! You're making excellent progress. You'll get 'em next time.
  11. F

SW Montana: Looking for a recommended lodge/resort for 3 days

My wife and I will be returning home to WA around early-mid October. I'd like to find a fly fishing lodge/resort to spend a few days at in SW Montana. Perhaps Big Hole/Bitterroot country. We are mid 70's. I fly fish, typically from a raft or float boat these days but I can still wade a bit...
  12. F

Spring time in the Northern Rockies

Thanks, Swimmy!! Great stuff. Cheers!
  13. F

North of North Sound SRC hunt

I'm from Blaine, as well, though I am old and really hard physical activity is now beyond me, from a bit of a heart condition. I fish both the Yak and the Methow and am considering a trip over to Eastern OR. I have never gone down the SRC route but reading of the experiences here sure makes me...