Recent content by fatbillybob

1. F

gear price jumps

Hope sales flop to send these companies a message.
  2. F

Little Update

Great success story! Congrats!
  3. F

"riffle hitched' tube flies

You can hitch it and swing it on a dry line for steel. That's the whole point. It makes a tough game even tougher but fly guys are a bit nuts anyway.
  4. F

"riffle hitched' tube flies

I hitch eyed flys. I posted this on spey pages. It's another perspective on this technique. https://www.speypages.com/threads/hook-preference-for-riffle-hitch.418464/#post-2635569
  5. F

Guided trip question

I travel quite a bit and randomly fish when I can. I have used multiple states online purchase with evidence of purchase on my phone. No state DFG I've purchased from demanded a print version to be in possession. Each license is numbered and the warden can look it up in his database if he so...
  6. F

Guided trip question

Today I have not been in a state that did not have online license purchase. An example is I was racing at VIR last week. I had down time between races. I went online bought a 1 day license in 5mins and screen captured my license. I took my rod out and scored about 8 white bass in a couple...
  7. F

Guided trip question

If you have diet restrictions bring your own lunch. The guide isn't going to search for a sandwich made with boar's head cheader cheese because you are lactose intolerant. Research a bit on where you are fishing and discuss with guide beforehand how he plans to fish vs. how you might like to...
  8. F

Why not a motor?

Yes I can see this is a complex topic. Thanks everyone for your posts. You can tell by my question that on the river I have always been a passenger and never a driver...but I would like to learn to drive.
  9. F

Why not a motor?

I don't own a boat and I have never rowed but have been guided down river in boats hundreds of times over the years....so that's all I know. Drift boats and rafts are capable of having a motor. To escape the hassle of a shuttle why not just drift a river and motor back to the trailer? Or...
  10. F

Washington-Seattle area tolls

Isn't a toll just a disguised taxation without representation?
  11. F

Washington-Seattle area tolls

I hate tolls and the trolls who caused them.
  12. F

NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

This video made by this group is doing the same identity politics they accuse the petroleum industry. They are worse than hypocrite they are disingenuous. They call out the petroleum industry like it is us against them. Let's assume the 2 projects the Indian commercial of the 70's and carbon...
  13. F

Personal Protection

I as pro-gun as they get. I grew up with firearms and if you have not then I would think 3x before going down that path. IMO everyone should learn firearm competency. It will take some of the drama out of the active shooter situation as in the ability to assess quickly what an armed person...
  14. F

Just the Facts - Redfish Report

Any of you guys have a good NOLA fly guide for redfish? I'm going there in Mid- February which is a tougher time but I think the reds will be there or is it a waste of time?