Recent content by Dogsnfish

1. Dogsnfish

Handgun Snake Shot

Well put. I am the same way, I carried a pistol with shot when I was hiking and backpacking in Hells Canyon area when I was in junior high and early in high school. Since then I have worked most of my life outdoors in rattlesnake country, have seen a lot, but now just admire them and have...
  2. Dogsnfish

Pikeminnow on the fly

Buddy of mine was serious about it and saved enough over a few years to get a new truck. To the OP, I have caught them with a fly rod. Got lucky once last year when the surface was full of emergers and they were taking parachute patterns. But that was rare, and they are not fighters
  3. Dogsnfish

Favorite bass rod weight, what you got?

I have two 6's and a 7 that I have used for bass. Nothing dedicated to them, but those are what I pull out when head down to the Snake.
  4. Dogsnfish

REMINDER TO GET APPROPRIATE FISHING LICENSES & PARKING PASSES!

No kidding, plus a briefcase to hold everything. Discovery pass, national forest pass, national parks, snowpark pass, ID snow pass, Mt. Spokane pass,
  5. Dogsnfish

Microspey 4wt anyone?

Never tried the Winston microspey but I do have 3 and 4wt two-hand rods. Love them.
  6. Dogsnfish

Evan's boat projects: floor replacement

Wow, just went through this thread for the first time. Very nice.
  7. Dogsnfish

Rod differences

Great advice. I think many just starting out have great intentions but then just get frustrated and move on to something else. Spending the money on lessons is worth every penny. There are also some great starter outfits. I have been fly fishing almost 40 years now and started with a...
  8. Dogsnfish

NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

The admins need to install an app that kicks in when arguments get too heated. Sends posters to the Awesome Dogs thread to chill for a few minutes.
  9. Dogsnfish

Non-Fly Bait casting setup for smallmouth on Snake?

I really like my Loomis fly rods. Will look into these, just because they are also local.
  10. Dogsnfish

Rooftop Tents

I would have loved to have one of those in my younger days when I would just sleep in the back of my truck! I think of when we used to hang out in the desert, or when we could just find an old logging road in the cascades to stop for the night. But my tent is a 24' travel trailer these days...
  11. Dogsnfish

Thanks! I have a few older spinning setups from Bass Pro from when I spent time in NW Arkansas back in the 90's. One of those (I hope) will work for Ned rigs. I have been mixing my gear and fly stuff above and below Lower Granite on the Snake since I bought a boat a couple of years ago, but...
  12. Dogsnfish

I have started fishing a lot on the reservoirs behind the four Snake River dams when I cannot make it to my favorite trout or steelhead waters. I have a boat and bring along both fly and spinning gear, but want to get a bait casting setup. Looking for some advice on recommended baitcasting...
  13. Dogsnfish

Click Pawl

I am with kid. I bought a reel that was silent and it just did not seem right, especially with a fish on. To each their own I guess.
  14. Dogsnfish

Click Pawl

I love clickers but the noise is all over the place. I have older Abel TR's that just purr, to the other extreme of the Saracione GP's that I use for steelhead that are almost too loud even for me. I had a steelhead run on me this year and a buddy said he could hear my reel while he was...