Recent content by dbaken

1. D

Sage DS 5wt, broken tip

Pretty sure I threw it away like a month ago. Will check when I get home on Sunday.
  2. D

Wanted WTB - Beulah Opal G2 Single Hand 9' 10wt w foregrip

Anybody have one of these collecting dust they would be interested in selling?
  3. D

Man I Love to Fish

Last year, my brother-in-law's son got interested in fly fishing. So I organized a trip to South Twin lake to take him out in a float tube and show him the basic basics of fly fishing. It sort of snowballed, and it ended up being me, my wife, daughter, brother-in-law and his son going. My...
  4. D

Anyone wanna bank fish some lakes near the Portland area?

If you get the urge to do some float tubing in the PDX area, happy to join. I have all the float tube stuff to loan to a second person except for waders.
  5. D

Cabela's Child Waders (CLAIMED now, thx)

@the_chemist Sorry, given to another member. I should have made it clearer.
  6. D

Rufus giant!

A friend caught a net pen fish about a year ago when we were fly fishing. I'd guess similar size - not a long arm pic, and he's 6'7". Not from Rufus.
  7. D

Fishing Buddy 1101

Very slowly cleaning out the garage. Found a Fishing Buddy 1101 in the bottom of a bin. Hasn't been used in 10 years or so, but worked fine back then. Broke the handle off at some point, has a vinyl patch over the hole. Free for pickup in Portland.
  8. D

NFR crazy....

I won't take that bet.
  9. D

NFR hotels

Guess I'm having popcorn for breakfast today.
  10. D

What fishing are you dreaming of right now?

There's a lake in central Oregon that I like to idly day dream about. Kicking around in the float tube on a hot day with the hatch coming off. I mostly have a hard time catching fish on the lake, but usually get a day or two when I can figure out what is working. It's especially fun when the...
  11. D

Zihuatanejo

To bad, it's a pretty cool video.
  12. D

Zihuatanejo

A friend sent a video yesterday from on top of a bluff near there. About 30 roosters busting bait in the surf. Is it possible to post video on here?
  13. D

2024 Species/Variety Caught?

I like it. Could be an interesting list this year. 1. Dungeness Crab (crab max) 2. Rainbow trout (fly rod)
  14. D

2024 Fishing Aspirations

1. Try to do more fishing with other people. I used to have a stressful job in an industry built around constant crisis, and fishing was my time to get away from it, and everybody. Now I work part time, remotely at a completely non-stressful job, and while I still like fishing alone, a little...