Recent content by Chonay

1. Chonay

project 8 weight

Thanks! very cool of you! looking forward to the project. Would be good to take it to Florida next time we go visit my wife family
  2. Chonay

project 8 weight

This sound like a fun project! I'll take it if it hasn't been spoken for yet.
  3. Chonay

They DARED TO REMOVE ME

Please keep it up Travers I enjoy seeing your unique perspective
  4. Chonay

FishWA App Update

Finally! the original app drove me nuts
  5. Chonay

Non-Fly I need a spinning rod that'll do it all!

okuma SST is an amazing rod for the money! a little more expensive than celilo but i think alot better quality
  6. Chonay

Deals at online Retailers

https://www.sierra.com/g-loomis-imx-pro-euro-3100-4-freshwater-fly-rod-3wt-10-4-piece~p~3rfvf/?filterString=fishing-rods~d~190%2F some good deals on these Gloomis IMX pro rods right now.... $349
  7. Chonay

Fly shop between Oly and Bellingham

+1 vote for avid angler!
  8. Chonay

2024 Fishing Aspirations

Gonna try to get out to fish at least once each month. I would be pretty stoked if I could pull that off.
  9. Chonay

Airflo Skagit Compact G2 vs Skagit Driver?

I think the difference is it supposed to sit a little lower in the water for better loading and maybe a slightly slower swing. I have one its a good Skagit head.
  10. Chonay

guides offset from reel seat?

Thanks, maybe it was intentional part of the design then! interesting
  11. Chonay

guides offset from reel seat?

Hey my buddy has a rod that he bought from an outfitter while he was living in Alaska that has a strange feature. Its a 2 piece rod and the guides on the reel side are offset or rotated almost 90 degrees from the reel seat. Is this a design feature for a specific purpose like maybe it helps...
  12. Chonay

Holiday Lake Fly Assortment (Attractor Patterns) available

some really nice looking flies there!
  13. Chonay

My saltwater back up

Yep they are solid. I have a 10/11 and 12/13 SA system 2 reels. The 10/11 is really crusty from florida salt. still works great! I use them on my 2 handers now
  14. Chonay

any recent intel on Rocky Ford?

I have only fished RF in winter time and the weeds weren't terrible. Do the weeds get worse during warmer parts of the year?
  15. Chonay

Riverside gutting knife...

Back in 2010 I did a nice section of the PCT in Oregon and stopped to fish a lake for a bit and found a really cool little folding knife called Winschester just sitting there on the ground next to the water. I have that thing on me basically everyday since then! It excels at avocado opening. I...