Recent content by candr

1. C

Fly shop in Barcelona? Yep!!

I use a tippet ring, usually on hoppers and stoneflies. Its a good trick!
  2. C

How are you storing/organizing your (flat) materials?

Amazon has a few options. I believe I picked those ones up at Lee Valley.
  3. C

How are you storing/organizing your (flat) materials?

I use these plastic flat document storage containers to store flat synthetics, flash, dubbing etc.
  4. 1714930411155.jpeg

1714930411155.jpeg

5. C

Interior BC patterns?

flyguys on youtube has lots of good bc patterns, also john kent on instagram, also look at (and maybe purchase) some of the flies online from little fort fly shop (sort by popularity). Or just tie and fish exactly what troutpocket posted above.
  6. C

What's in your vise?

Thunder Thighs Hoppers from the vise night session last night - great chatting w everyone that joined.
  7. Hopper1.jpg

Hopper1.jpg

8. C

Favorite superglue?

Loctite brushable. With every new bottle I clean the glue off the brush w acetone and then trim it down to half a dozen bristles. Brushable krazy glue is also good. It appears to be the same as the Wapsi fly tiers Z ment. I use super glue to coat chironomids and perdigons and loctite brushable...
  9. C

Deals at online Retailers

Sierra has Hardy Lightweight 150 Anniversary edition reels for $279.99 + tax, free shipping w code. Three models left including Princess and St Aidan.
  10. C

What's in your vise?

I've been watching Gunnar bend custom shanks and tie Beast flies on youtube. Mine need to be a little more sparse but having fun messing around with these.
  11. Beast.jpg

Beast.jpg

12. C

NFR Has anyone heard from Old Man Jim? Update: RIP OMJ. Give ‘em hell wherever you are!

RIP OMJ, I enjoyed your comments and contributions to fly fishing discussions over the last 20 years. I met him in person once back in the early days of the other forum at a Cedar river clean up event. He appreciated and valued the outdoors.
  13. C

Running Lines

I just set up a CTS Affinity x 10’ 3 wt for going back and forth between tight line nymphing and a shooting head set up. I am using the Cortland .022 level nymph line (braided core) as my running/nymph line (20lb). Small loop with a nail knot on the end of the nymph line let’s me loop on a euro...
  14. C

Butane fuel

I have found the Asian grocery stores in my area will have the best price for 12 packs of butane. I refill my isobutane canisters for backpacking and for the stoves I use in my van from the butane cylinders. Haven't purchased since last summer but usually pay around $15 for a 12pack at 99 Ranch...
  15. C

The good boat deal thread

Just over the border. This is a 9’6” Springbok which eventually became the Harborcraft Flyfisher. Weighs around 60lbs, 40” wide bottom. The bench seat on the transom on these old Springboks is nice for leg room and to put stuff on (also makes a stronger transom if u want to add transom wheels...