Recent content by camtheflyman

1. camtheflyman

FS 955-4 Scott Centric, 696-4 Beulah Platinum G2

Bump with a price drop! Centric $535 Beulah $325
  2. camtheflyman

Haven’t fished on the coast, but I liked it for some of my warm water fishing. It is a handsome rod
  3. camtheflyman

Consolidating some rods! I recently got a 10ft 5 weight G Loomis NRX+ and it checks the boxes a bit better for my do it all heavy trout rod than these two. They’re both great rods and should see more time on the water than I’m using them. Did my best to show condition in photos and described it...
  4. camtheflyman

Scott Radian 9ft 5 weight

Thanks Adrian!
  5. camtheflyman

Shucks, sorry about that. Price is $495 to your door!
  6. camtheflyman

Well loved Scott Radian 9ft 5 weight. This rod has been used but still has a ton of fish mojo left in it. Shows cosmetic signs use like some wear on the ferrules, blank scratches, and a ding on the reel seat cap, but functions perfectly. Blank is straight and the ferrules fit snug. It’ll still...
  7. camtheflyman

Go count fish in AK.

Oh man, where was this job last year. I’ve worked in Alaska I’ve been wanting to go back, just got a perm with the Forest Service though. I’m sure someone will jump in the opportunity
  8. camtheflyman

Full Sink/Sink Tip for Stillwater and Rivers

Yeah I’m not sure why a line that heavy is listed for a 5 weight, I’m sure there’s a reason for it but I’ve never found a line much heavier than a line size or two cast that well for me
  9. camtheflyman

I think this would be what I’m after but it only comes in a 6wt 210grain. Shooooot
  10. camtheflyman

I noticed in my searches that Wulff TT comes in a sink tip. How does the triangle taper handle small to medium sized streamers?
  11. camtheflyman

The weight of the line is a preference thing. The total head on it weighs something like 240 grains and that’s more than I like to cast with a 5 weight. I may be in a different camp than most, but I just don’t enjoy casting a like much heavier than a line size or two up from the recommended...
  12. camtheflyman

Thanks, I’ll probably start at like 2 then and go from there!
  13. camtheflyman

I’ll start with that then since I already have that line and it’s getting close to a replacement anyway thanks to my Patagonia LineShredder 9000 boots. About how much did you cut away that helped?
  14. camtheflyman

It sounds like I may just need to buy a stillwater specific line and another spool if I want something that is good at both?
  15. camtheflyman

Our uses sound about the same, it’s mostly for unweighted or lightly weighted flies in deeper and quicker sections. I find myself catching bottom a little more frequently that desired with the streamer max short I have. There’s a lot of parts of the line I like, especially the head weight, I...