Recent content by c1eddy

1. C

Spey on The Beach

In the short time and few outings I've tried fishing a two-hander with sustained anchor casts, I always have a backup plan (from a different line to a complete setup) with me that I can overhead cast with. Crowded beaches, salad, surf can definitely put the kibosh on sustained anchor...
  2. C

Spey on The Beach

Agree with afried that the biggest issue is salad. It can make it totally frustrating, if not impossible. But if you have little to none of it, it's a lot of fun. I'm trying it out to save wear and tear on my elbow. So far I've preferred to use a wrap cast (seen at about 3:40 in the video below)...
  3. C

Spey on The Beach

You say you were using a "Spey Lite in 330 grains.", Since you felt like you needed a shorter head, is it possible you were using the scandi model at 25'? The skagit design is 17'. Both are SA "Spey Lite" lines. I have stuck to skagit heads in the little beach casting I have tried so far. I feel...
  4. C

Heat Shrink Tubing Question

Anybody know what type of heat-shrink tubing material is used by the fly line mfrs. in making their line-end loops? Appears to be very supple stuff...unlike the polyolifin material I have been using. It's probably "proprietary" and not available to the general public, but thought I'd ask.