Recent content by Bryan

1. B

SFR Cold Water Canoe Capsizing - Near Fatal Event -

Yep, it's the "No Regrets" policy. Cheers,
  2. B

SFR Cold Water Canoe Capsizing - Near Fatal Event -

Mandatory in my boat. If you want to be in the boat, you must wear a PFD.
  3. B

Fly rod for Chinook?

Does that father/son combo live in Southern Oregon? Cheers,
  4. B

Fly rod for Chinook?

Having zero experience fishing for Chinook with a fly rod, I don't know the advantages/disadvantages of single vs. two handed, but in my research on rod selection, more than once I heard or read something from Jay saying how he likes using a two handed rod. He, of course, also says that he...
  5. B

Advice needed for Lewis and Yellowstone Lakes

This year the lake level is good, but Hebgen has suffered very low levels for the past 2 or 3 years. Those low levels may have affected the bug habitat and the bugs. Don't know. Cheers,
  6. B

Fly rod for Chinook?

I'm sure this has been addressed previously, but thought I'd get an update. What fly rods are folks recommending/using for Chinook fishing? Some recommendations I've read are for a 9wt or 10wt 9' single hand. Others, including Jay Nicholas, like using a Spey rod because of their length and...
  7. B

Oregon Fishing Club?

Phil, Thanks. PM sent. Cheers, Bryan
  8. B

Oregon Fishing Club?

EBT, Thank you for your reply and offer. I greatly appreciate it. Cheers, Bryan
  9. B

Oregon Fishing Club?

dbaken, Thank you for your reply and your offer to take me as a guest. I will follow-up with a PM. Cheers, Bryan
  10. B

Oregon Fishing Club?

My wife and I are considering joining the Oregon Fishing Club. Almost did it a number of years ago, but didn't. I'd appreciate any insights from current or recently-current members. PMs welcome. Thank you. Cheers, Bryan
  11. B

Anchor system for 12 ft aluminum boat?

I have a Leelock on both the bow and stern of my 15' modified-v aluminum, with a 25 lb 3-sided pyramid on each. Obviously more anchor than you need, but I sure love those Leelocks.
  12. B

Rooftop "Rear Boat Loader"?

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm in discussions with both of the B.C. companies. Their systems are basically the same, with some differences. I'll be getting a new pickup truck and canopy, so part of the equation is not only matching their Rear Loaders with my boat, but also with the truck...
  13. B

Yep, that's the company in Clackamas. I've not checked recently, but last time I did about a year or so ago, they didn't respond to phone calls or e-mails. Someone told me the owner/founder had retired, but that may be totally wrong. Cheers, Bryan
  14. B

I've seen them in Canada multiple times, but rarely in the U.S. Anyone have any experience with a motorized auto loading Rear Boat Loader as shown in these pictures? Note: These are made by two different companies in British Columbia. There was a company in Portland that made these, but I...
  15. Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 10.37.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 10.37.52 AM.png