Recent content by BNF861

1. BNF861

Winston rods at Costco..whodda thunk

Would be interesting to know if this insider worked at Winston or for an authorized retailer. If the insider that setup the purchase was affiliated with Winston, it was an internal mistake on Winston's behalf and should absolutely honour any warranties that may come up. If the insider worked...
  2. BNF861

Scaring 750 Fish

Loved reading this, thanks for posting. Really enjoy the stories of trying to figure it out and sharing successes and failed attempts rather than just the highlight reels. Having never fished anywhere tropical yet, bonefish are high on my fishing bucket list I hope to cross off at some point...
  3. BNF861

plunking

Up in BC we usually call plunking "bar fishing" and when it was a kid (30 or so years ago) it was very popular on the Fraser for chinook. There was a popular drive onto bar at Island22 that is now gone that would be lined with trucks. I used to love picking my favourite spin n glo, casting it...
  4. BNF861

Wanted Pin reel

Centerpins on rivers are very popular up here just across the border in BC. If you're on Facebook, marketplace here usually always has reels for sale and some people may ship or there is a Centerpin Addicts group that has people from all over (a lot from the east coast but is a mix) that always...
  5. BNF861

Coated Running Line Crowd - solution?

While not a coated running line, a line that may be of interested if you can find it is Airflo Miracle braid. I’m not sure if it is discontinued or just hard to find but I found a couple spools a while back to give a try and like it. It is a mono braid that has a similar diameter to coated...
  6. BNF861

Spey Tips that Actually Helped

Couple pieces of advice I received early that I feel really helped me; Learn to cast with either hand up. A great caster that helped me out early on highly encouraged this from the beginning and I feel it really paid off. If you can cast right or left hand up, you’ll have a complete aresenal of...
  7. BNF861

Let's see your flotilla😀

Some great looking floating crafts in this thread! Here are my two that have helped me find a few trout, steelhead, salmon and sturgeon on the water… Lowe 1448mt with a Merc 25 jet Watermaster