Recent content by Blue Lines

1. Blue Lines

Advice- Southern Oregon

I was just looking at that- I think the mine was called “dust devil” or some such? Should be a good alternative if the fishing is slow.
  2. Blue Lines

Advice- Southern Oregon

Chatting with some fly shops today, it seems there should be a small stonefly hatch kicking off there. It’s pretty far, but is definitely added to the “possibilities” list.
  3. Blue Lines

Advice- Southern Oregon

Thank you both! Good to know the Crooked is starting to pick up- used to fish it a lot and with this I may spend my last night there on the way back. With the water levels like that it sounds like the Blitzen isn’t my best bet right now. I may stick around the Ana and then explore some blue...
  4. Blue Lines

Advice- Southern Oregon

Starting a new job in a week and taking a last minute camping trip to fish, hike, and spend time with the dog. I’m excited to explore southern Oregon, leaving Salem on Sunday and returning Friday. I’ve never been there before and am excited for the adventure. I’m open to suggestions, but...
  5. Blue Lines

fly tyers meeting (Albany Fly Tiers Expo March 10-11)

I will be at the expo Friday (spending Saturday fishing the Met while you all are cooped up inside). I’ll be wearing a brown blazer and a green t-shirt that says “cutthroat businessman“ on the front. I hope to have a chance to meet a few of you.
  6. Blue Lines

Tenkara for Euro-nymphing?

What size tippet material is usually used when euro-nymphing? Should I stick with 6/7x or can I get away with 5x?
  7. Blue Lines

I figure it would take some experimenting in lifting/lowering the rod tip at the edges of the drift. Not completely sure, as my experience nymphing is limited to high-sticking and fishing under an indicator. It’s a 12ft Tenkara rod, that I usually fish with a level line about the length of the...
  8. Blue Lines

Brown trout on the Metolious

Forgive my ignorance, what does “LBC” stand for?
  9. Blue Lines

While my love is fishing dries (3wt glass is where it’s at!) I’ve been growing more and more interested in the Dark Side, aka Euro-nymphing. I’m not excited to buy another set up before I know if I’ll use it much, and then I got to thinking that functionally my Tenkara rod shared many aspects...
  10. Blue Lines

Interesting that they seem to be outcompeted by the native red bands and bulls… I thought in cold waters they were detrimental to native fish.
  11. Blue Lines

Same. Honestly I didn’t know they existed there and was surprised to reel it in. Doing some quick searches it seems they “were introduced in the early 1900’s” but I can’t find anything else about it. Still, I enjoyed the catch… I generally prefer to target native fish so this is one of the few...
  12. Blue Lines

Surprise indeed! I didn’t realize they existed in the upper river.
  13. Blue Lines

Just got back from the Metolious, fun and interesting camping trip. Arrived early Friday, just as this latest winter storm was passing, and it was *cold*, 13 degrees was the high temp and it was still snowing a bit. I saw one angler pick up a couple whitefish while euro-nymphing but that’s about...
  14. 630E4A87-11A7-4E2D-B92A-757149E9F6CE.jpeg

630E4A87-11A7-4E2D-B92A-757149E9F6CE.jpeg

15. C2ADDF99-4784-4CF2-A88E-B432AC37A2FD.jpeg

C2ADDF99-4784-4CF2-A88E-B432AC37A2FD.jpeg