Recent content by BDD

1. BDD

NFR Places to eat after (or before) fishing

As I passed through Soap Lake, I slowed down a little more than usual thinking back on this post; I couldn't remember the names but I thought they might jump out at me. Either I missed them or they are off the main drag. Anyway, I was in too big a hurry and thinking about fishing to make any...
  2. BDD

Is it the fourth Saturday of April already?

Not really going to comment except to say I saw your question and am not ignoring you. OK, there was some intent but could have been improved.
  3. BDD

NFR NBA 2024

Have not watched much NBA all season but will start to show some interest now. Not a huge fan of where the league and the NBA style right now but the game last night between the Lakers and Nuggets was a good one; games like that are why I still tune in occasionally.
  4. BDD

Is it the fourth Saturday of April already?

I fished a lake in OK county Friday and Saturday (one I told you about a few years ago Buzzy). I have been fishing this lake for a number of years; it used to be no gas motors but I have not looked at the regulations for awhile. As I was loading my boat, I saw a family launching theirs with a 10...
  5. BDD

Skagit 570 Found - On the Skagit tonight

This is the coolest thing...WW gets his gear back and I learn one of WW's spots. Win-Win.
  6. BDD

NFR NFL 2023 Season

I did not actually see the presentation but I was sure I briefly saw Elway in the background at one point. I could not figure out why he'd be there or if it was really him. Now I know.
  7. BDD

Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

Yeah, I get it for the true fan but I never considered myself one. I just enjoy the games. I skip the roster changes, coaching plans, free agency, who get's tagged with franchise status, who got busted for what, and all the speculation from the talk show folks, etc.
  8. BDD

Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

I'm giving football a break for at least 7 months. See you in September.
  9. BDD

NFR NFL 2023 Season

I did not mean anything derogatory by saying "that singer". I could not remember her name. Showing her reaction multiple times a game doesn't bother me but I think it is a bit silly and would feel the same with any celebrity. There are 80,000+ fans in the stadium so why zoom in to a single one...
  10. BDD

NFR NFL 2023 Season

Hoping for a good game. I like Purdy and McCaffery and I liked the Montana/Young/Rice 9ers of the day. I like Mahomes and Kelce too though I have no idea why somebody made a decision to put that singer on the screen so much. It would not bother me to see Reid get another win and help solidify...
  11. BDD

Super Bowl LVIII Food Spread

When I clicked on this thread, I thought it was going to be about Mafia gambling. Our family is pretty lame when it comes to Super Bowls. We don't drink and don't have TV. I think the only time my wife has ever watched it was when the Seahawks won. I don't even remember how we watched it. One...
  12. BDD

Estuarine Anadromous White Fish

That might have been the most enjoyable fishing/hunting video I have seen in a long time. Can't say enough good things about it. Everything from interacting with kids, teaching them culture and nature at the same time, how to respect fish and game, how to prepare it for a nice meal, and sharing...
  13. BDD

College Football 2023

I love football. Loved playing it as a kid and enjoy watching it now...the game that is. But the circumstances surrounding football, both at the college and pro levels are getting to me. UW had a great season and I was very happy for them. Brought back memories and excitement from 1978, 1984...
  14. BDD

EDC…

Some of you guys might benefit from a European Carry-All. Phone, keys, wallet. That's it. I appreciate the knife and handkerchief from my youth as all the old timers carried them but three things are enough stuff nowadays for me to keep track of. I'm working more on becoming a minimalist.
  15. BDD

Catchercraft is Retiring

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I was able to meet a lot of nice folks and fish a lot of cool areas I otherwise would never have done. For the record, only Ken and Catchercraft are retiring. I'll still be working on hatchery and habitat issues for salmon and steelhead in the upper Columbia...