Recent content by BayouJ

1. B

Guided trip question

Guided trip was a success - Fished all day and it rained on us for almost 4 hours. Nymphs in the morning, caught about 4 or 5 in the 13 - 15 inch range. Switch to salmon fly and caught another dozen or so including that 22 inch. Learned so much from the guide - can't wait to do it again.
  2. B

Guided trip question

Absolutely going to soak up as much information as I can.
  3. B

Guided trip question

I have a small dry bag for my phone that I can take pictures with - though, no pictures mean the fish can grow every time I tell the story...
  4. B

Guided trip question

I'm really looking forward to it - True story, I went steelhead fishing on the Cowlitz about 15 years ago - it was just me, the guide and his girlfriend on the boat (my buddy no showed so I had it solo). Long story short, as I was figuring out how to cast from the boat while drifting, I smacked...
  5. B

Guided trip question

I learned that lesson many years ago on an inshore redfish trip. Expensive lessons usually are memorable :)
  6. B

Guided trip question

Thank you everyone for your advice - I'll be sure to post some pictures, even of empty nets. lol
  7. B

Guided trip question

Thank you!
  8. B

Guided trip question

Haha - for sure!
  9. B

Guided trip question

Doing that that tomorrow. Just curious if anyone else has thoughts. For example, bring binoculars because there is a ton of wildlife to glass...
  10. B

Guided trip question

I did some searching and didn't see an answer, so... My family surprised me with a guided trip on the Yak at the end of the month - I've never done a float trip like this and am curious if anyone has any advice on what to bring. My current list are my waders & boots, rain jacket and all my...
  11. B

Learning fly selection

Is there any sort of accurate hatch chart for Washington?
  12. B

Shortwing Stones

Great fish and pictures!
  13. B

Alpine. Lakes. Wilderness.

Fantastic!
  14. B

Anyone ever fish the White River (beyond Enumclaw)

Nevermind - looks like it is closed water. But some feeder creeks are open, maybe I'll try blue lining.
  15. B

Anyone ever fish the White River (beyond Enumclaw)

I think I am going to head that way this weekend and see what I can see.