BayouJ's latest activity

• B
    BayouJ reacted to Nick Clayton's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    Awesome! That's a fantastic fish! Glad you had a great time
  • B
    BayouJ replied to the thread Guided trip question.
    Guided trip was a success - Fished all day and it rained on us for almost 4 hours. Nymphs in the morning, caught about 4 or 5 in the 13...
    • cropped.jpg
    • image_6209779 (2).JPG
    • image_6209779.JPG
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to Divad's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    Every guide is accustomed to getting smacked by stuff 👍 I used to wear a hat and a sun hoodie (up). Laughs would be shared when I’d get...
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to Coach Potter's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    I don't have millions of guide trips under my belt. I'm an "overflow" guide for our local outfitter....only do 10-15 trips/yr. However...
  • B
    Absolutely going to soak up as much information as I can.
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to SurfnFish's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    There are three primary rules when floating a river with a guide: Rule # 1 - relax about the catching, and just enjoy the heck out of...
  • B
    I have a small dry bag for my phone that I can take pictures with - though, no pictures mean the fish can grow every time I tell the...
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to cdnred's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    Surprised that no one mentioned to bring a camera (possibly waterproof) to prove that you caught that BIG fish.. (y)
  • B
    I'm really looking forward to it - True story, I went steelhead fishing on the Cowlitz about 15 years ago - it was just me, the guide...
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to Aleforme's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    I've been on a few trips down the Yak and I can say the biggest issue for me is line management. There are so many things to catch you...
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to Kamishak Steve's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    Watch some youtube videos of the kind of fishing you will likely be doing, (meaning drift boat fishing for trout). THis will give you at...
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to jact55's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    Have you floated a river before? (Reread, no is the answer lol) I remember my first time, it was game over. I spent a year researching...
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to krusty's post in the thread Guided trip question with Haha Haha.
    Try that in a river bottom with no cell coverage at the launch point. Or maybe even with good cell coverage in WA with their app....or...
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to Nick Clayton's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    Lots of good advice here but ultimately this is a question that should be put to the guide. Every guide is going to have their own...
  • B
    BayouJ reacted to fatbillybob's post in the thread Guided trip question with Like Like.
    Today I have not been in a state that did not have online license purchase. An example is I was racing at VIR last week. I had down...