Recent content by atomic dog

1. atomic dog

Awesome Dogs of PNW

They've had a few hunt trials out here over the past month, it's been fun getting out and sniffing out some holdover chukar. Maybe another month of access at this place before the cheat grass takes over for the summer, then we'll ditch the fields in favor of swimming for exercise.
  2. atomic dog

Is no one hunting turkeys?

I do. Hoping maybe I can get out on Friday, but we'll see. Everybody says the Northeast is the place to be for turkeys, but I just have an affinity for the Blues and head down Southeast. I have yet to successfully harvest a bird down there, but I keep trying.
  3. atomic dog

Awesome Dogs of PNW

4. atomic dog

Non-Fly I need a spinning rod that'll do it all!

So, I was out and about yesterday and a 9'6" Okuma Celilo ML spinning rod followed me home. Now all of a sudden, I'm sitting here working dilligently trying to learn when/where/how to bank fish for steelhead around the Tri-Cities. This is a rabbit hole I wasn't prepared for.
  5. atomic dog

Now that you bring it up, I have a Clarus rod for bass fishing that I like as well. I will see what sort of offerings they have in the 9-10' range.
  6. atomic dog

Okuma is high on the list so far. Interestingly, there is an Oregon guy on YouTube who does a bunch of surf perch videos from the beaches. He speaks highly of an Okuma Celilo 9'6" rod. It's only rated 6-12lb line and 1/2 oz, but he says it throws up to 2oz fine as long as you go easy on the...
  7. atomic dog

Well, not all, but a couple things at least. My Dad likes to beach fish for surf perch around Westport and I'd like to get a spinning setup to join him. I would love it if this setup was versatile enough to use for more than that, though, if it's feasible. Specifically, I would like to be able...
  8. atomic dog

Looking for ideas for a guided trip

Well damn. I dropped in here to the dirtbag forum to make a post about something else and saw this thread. I can't believe I never came back and updated it. I ended up booking a walleye trip with Stotts Fishing for a day last August, we fished downstream from McNary out of Plymouth. Our entire...
  9. atomic dog

Looking for ideas for a guided trip

I have been tasked with coming up with some ideas for a family fishing trip. No set dates, sometime between now and through the summer I guess. There will most likely be five of us, and while we all fly fish, most of the group are beginners at best, so I think gear fishing would be the most...
  10. atomic dog

Rigs/lures for SMB from the bank?

Man, if I could only use one bait for smallies it would be a 5" Kalin's grub in watermelon with whatever size jig head gets me to the depth I want. Ned rigs are great for them as well, although you would quickly get frustrated from losing them in the rip rap constantly.
  11. 1654791474346.jpeg

1654791474346.jpeg

12. atomic dog

The Mountain Bike Thread

Yassir.
  13. atomic dog

The Mountain Bike Thread

Returned home to stupid snow and crap weather, but for a glorious week, it was all red rox and sunshine.
  14. atomic dog

Camping/Fishing Rigs and Routines

4x4 econoline buddy hi five!
  15. atomic dog

Turkey

I assume you'd be headed NE to hunt so its probably way out of your way, but for reference, Sportsman's in Kennewick has had some selection on the shelves the last couple times I was in there. I'm guessing it will become more scarce the closer we get to April.