Recent content by Aaron Meredith

1. Aaron Meredith

Meadow Lake Fish Camp

The message sent on his way out was from the shared MLFC email, which I'd assume he is no longer using. He is on Facebook. I reached out to Roel (the guy acting on Francesco's behalf) a few times, but nothing back yet on the status for 2024. They usually have snow up there until at least...
  2. Aaron Meredith

Wet Flies for Lakes

I have always found the six pack to work best for me during the caddis hatch fished within 10' of the surface. I tie mine mostly in olive. Both cast & retrieve and trolled have led to great results. More 20"+ caught on that than any other fly.
  3. Aaron Meredith

Depth finder for lakes

+1 for Garmin Striker 4. I started using one in 2018 and my dad followed suit a few years later. It’s not going to help you target and catch an individual fish. It will give you information that will help you catch more fish, avoid the skunk, and avoid fishing where the fish aren’t holding. My...
  4. Aaron Meredith

Meadow Lake Fish Camp

Meadow Lake is on the market. Hopefully they sell to someone who wants to keep it operating with guests. Not sure if it will be operational in 2024 if it doesn't sell in the next few months. https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/26360117/taweel-lake-road-barriere-barriere
  5. Aaron Meredith

Westside Lake Turnover ?

I fished the C&R lake not too far north of there Saturday. It was about as clear as it ever gets in that lake. Caught some fish. Surface temp was 58F.
  6. Aaron Meredith

Oct '23 Gifford Pinchot Lakes part 2

From what I could tell only the Cutts were feeding on them when we were there...they were really aggressive toward anything near the surface. The Tigers/Browns/Brooks were keyed in on leeches/dragon/damsil/baitfish. I had the same experience there with Mayflies in the spring where only the...
  7. Aaron Meredith

Oct '23 Gifford Pinchot Lakes part 2

Great report. I love those lakes. Made it up there in late June and again the last week of September. Lots of variety in both lakes and fish species to keep things interesting. Especially great outside of peak season when you get the lake mostly to yourself. Were the bees still dropping...
  8. IMG_8315.jpg

IMG_8315.jpg

9. IMG_8313.jpg

IMG_8313.jpg

10. Aaron Meredith

Brown trout!

Quickly cross referencing WDFW stocking with google maps for ~73 miles from Burien
  11. IMG_8955.jpg

IMG_8955.jpg

12. Aaron Meredith

Meadow Lake Fish Camp

It's sad how it all went down. Francesco and Uli had an amazing vision for a camp with deteriorating facilities when they bought in 2006. They were two of the hardest workers I've ever seen and they poured their lives into giving guests an amazing getaway experience while gradually modernizing...
  13. Aaron Meredith

Indicator Leader Formulas

To catch fish...not essential. To catch more fish...it definitely helps. In new lakes it can be a huge time saver in locating the fish. Some days the fish will be in the predictable locations (drop offs), but others they might just be sitting in the middle of the lake or congregated at one...
  14. Aaron Meredith

Indian Heaven Wilderness

Thanks for sharing. Hiking/fishing this area with my boys is very high on my list.
  15. Aaron Meredith

Intermediate/clear camo lake lines?

Unless I'm fishing on the surface or under an indicator I have always found intermediate and sink tip lines to be much more effective than floating in the shallows and littoral zone. When it's hot and the fish are sitting around 20' and below the sinking line is a must, but to be honest when...