SFR Vancouver/Portland area: Warehouse manager position

Sorta fishing-related
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
A small, well known fly fishing brand ;) is looking for a good self-manager who thrives when not being micromanaged... just do your thing as long as productivity continues. Very relaxed work environment while simultaneously being a well-oiled machine that gets shit done.

Responsible for pulling/shipping orders, inventory, keeping the shelves stocked, unloading containers, driving forklift, cranking good tunes on the warehouse speakers, and being a fun person to have around.

Hit me up if this sounds up your alley. The position is not yet 100% open, but if the right candidate comes along, the position will be made for you.

If this isn't up your alley, tell someone who fits the bill :D

Last edited:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Or musky......oh wait. n/m

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Would a super-self managed & motivated candidate who liked cranking good tunes like this in the warehouse while pulling/shipping orders, auditing inventory, stocking shelves, unloading containers, and driving the forklift get gonged?

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Perfect job for a single buck in school

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
A small, well known fly fishing brand ;) is looking for a good self-manager who thrives when not being micromanaged... just do your thing as long as productivity continues. Very relaxed work environment while simultaneously being a well-oiled machine that gets shit done.

Responsible for pulling/shipping orders, inventory, keeping the shelves stocked, unloading containers, driving forklift, cranking good tunes on the warehouse speakers, and being a fun person to have around.

Hit me up if this sounds up your alley. The position is not yet 100% open, but if the right candidate comes along, the position will be made for you.

If this isn't up your alley, tell someone who fits the bill :D
What’s the salary range?

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Can I work remote while being a warehouse manager for another ecommerce business that really only takes me about 20 hours per week to do?:sneaky::oops::ROFLMAO:
Working remote makes it a lot harder to stock shelves and fulfill orders though...

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm too old to be interested in gainful employment, my last paycheck was on Aug 1, 2000. I wouldn't want to spoil a 23 year winning streak! But I am qualified for 2 of the requirements-I could crank some civilized tunes in the warehouse and drive a forklift, which I assume is something like driving my snowplow but a helluva lot warmer---

Shad

Life of the Party
What if this warehouse manager wants to start a bass line of fly rods? Welcome or frowned apon? 😁
In all seriousness, I think a small, well-known brand could make a KILLING right now on a well-suited line of warmwater fly rods. Heck, I'd probably buy a couple, and the real gear heads around here would buy two in every line weight!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Hope you find someone for the position. Lots of jobs out there right now.
Finding someone to fill them is the biggest challenge.
SF

Paul_

Life of the Party
My kid worked part time for you guys last year and had a good experience. Great company.
I tried to convince her there was a take your dad to work day! She never believed me on that and also refused to ask for the employee discount on my behalf😂.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Used to do something similar for a company call North Penn Transfer many many years ago - driving the forklift was fun and once I'd built up trust with the owners they left me to do my thing. Of course, that was before my checkered trip thru higher education. I agree . . . great job for younger somwhat responsible fishbum!

chief

Carper
Forum Supporter
I will take the job as long as you will honor my pronouns, provide me with personal meaning, and promote me to president withing the first 3 weeks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.