Show off your favorite abandoned-garbage-riverside-homeless-camps of 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
You mean indeed and Google are lying to me? No way. I refuse to believe there is false information on the internet. Don't we have fact checkers for that sort of thing. It's literally the first Google hit.

And I agree. Seems high.
I actually looked around a little. That site Indeed is horrible. Did vertical scope buy it? 😁

Huge variety of pay of course but I think more realistically 40-60 thousand.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I actually looked around a little. That site Indeed is horrible. Did vertical scope buy it? 😁

Huge variety of pay of course but I think more realistically 40-60 thousand.

They got their search order right. I googled a few other professions. They are always first. Basically if it has the word "salary" in it they are first. It seems a reliable average private and public included is in the neighborhood of 70k. Which seems reasonable.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
@Billy Deserves twice that much for his social work he does here...

I looked Billy's salary for moderating up on indeed. He's making a killing. I just wonder about the benefits package.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
50k with a public employee pension is still way better pay and benefits then most of us. And they still have the "Heros work here" posters up all over our downtown public building.... :rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️

Zak

Legend

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
  • Haha
Reactions: Zak

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
50k with a public employee pension is still way better pay and benefits then most of us. And they still have the "Heros work here" posters up all over our downtown public building.... :rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️

I’ve had a parent working in this field for decades now. Front line counseling, various leadership roles, etc.. IMO, like nurses, like cops, like fireman, like teachers, etc., they deserve every cent and benefit they get. It is not an easy job. They are not doing it for the money. I can assure you of that. It takes a very unique personality to do the work well. You’re never really off. You see bad outcomes often, with people you’ve put your heart and soul into trying to help. You see the worst in people, families, etc..

Are there bad ones? Yup, just like any other job. The good ones though, deserve to make more money than the collective “us” IMO. To boil it down to its simplest terms, they are basically dealing with the shit the average person does not want to or can’t deal with. That’s why they’re dealing with it versus “us”… i.e. friends or family.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
The average citizen, ya know the law abiding ones, have been forced to the curb with current laws…

The average law abiding citizen has been reduced to an onlooker or a criminal (should they take action to deal with it).

Laws have consequences…
Lack of enforcement has even more.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I know a few social workers. None of them work for an actual local or state government. Many of these jobs seem to be with private companies that contract the work. Two of the people I know work for religious based companies that do the work. $25/hr type pay. They don't have benefits equal to a state worker, medical, retirement etc.
Honestly, for most jobs the State of Washington pays well below private sector. The retirement is a huge perk in keeping employees. It does not really make up the difference.
I have looked for DNR jobs for a friend. Man, I don't know why anyone would work for DNR. A lot of jobs start out at less than you make at Sherwin Williams.

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have looked for DNR jobs for a friend. Man, I don't know why anyone would work for DNR. A lot of jobs start out at less than you make at Sherwin Williams.
Some view working outside a huge perk offsetting the higher pay at an inside job, particularly one where you are literally talking about paint dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.