Dryft Waders - Anyone use or have experience with them?

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
So I need to finally replace my last pair of cheap Caddis Waders and I'm willing to spend a little more money on a new pair. I have patched the heck out of my Caddis waders over the last few years and even patched some patches. It's just time.

I know there are the usual Simms, Orvis and Patagonia waders that always get highly recommended but I'm curious about Dryft. I like the idea supporting a local company (I know they are not made in the USA) and they seems to have a great warranty.

I've always bought cheaper waders that I just patch until they're finally ready to be replaced but I've been thinking about trying some of higher quality this time. I understand the pro and cons of cheaper vs higher end in general but just really curious about Dryft specfically and was hoping someone here has used them? The good, the bad and ugly? I know even higher end wader still have a limited lifetime so while willing spend a little, but not up to the top end from the Big 3.

I might still end up with one of the usual suspects but just wanted to hear about Dryft.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Last edited:

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
I absolutely love mine. The zipper is amazing for float tubing. I've hiked in them. Used them on my BC trip. Hot and cold temperatures. The pocket setup is really slick and well thought out. Honestly zero complaints.

Hillbilly Redneck

wishin I was fishin
I own a pair. Only used them a few times. Didn't leak like my old waders did! Can't think of anything I hate about them. I miss the shoulder strap release system my Orvis waders had, which let you pee without taking the straps off your shoulder.
I've got a friend who has had a pair of Dryft waders for a few years. He likes them and he fishes way more than me.

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Coming up on 3 years with mine. I don't have the zipper model. No leaks still, which is more than I can say about any pair of Redington waders I owned previously that would start leaking as soon as 6 months. My only complaint is the gravel guards are pretty tight and don't fit great over my Korkers Devils Canyon boots. I'd like to get a pair of their wading pants too one of these days.

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Wow, thank you everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

I definitely would be interested in the zip up models with Dryft and even Simms. Orvis and Patagonia zip ups are really expensive. Simms does have their "mid-tier" wader with the zipper but it seems like you're getting a better wader in terms of specs and features from Dryft. A little more money but still in my price window. My concern was quality and durability. But, from what I have been reading and from your feedback above, sounds like that's not a concern with Dryft.

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I've had a pair of zipper front Dryft waders for several years. They are great, and the warranty is great. They seem t be cheaper than like-featured waders by other manufacturers.

If you are tired of having to peel off just to relieve yourself then you will likely find the cost quite acceptable.

Rvrfisher360

Floatin’
Forum Supporter
You will not beat Dryft as far as quality for the $ and customer service.

Going on two years of beating up my zip waders and they are 100% functional without a leak. Also have a Dryft rain jacket that has kept me dry for three winters now, and a roll top backpack. All are quality products.

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Thank you for the feedback. I definitely need to easy access waders on those day when a beer or two might be consumed! 🍻

Good to hear from everyone so far that the quality is there.

I might order me a pair here soon. I'm a bigger guy (all muscle :rolleyes:) so I think the XL Short might work. I wear a size 12 but it sounds like the 9-11 rating on the short can go up or down a shoe size and be fine. I'll probably email or call them to dial in the size.

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Dryft will likely be my next set of waters. Good local company, good products.

I definitely like supporting a local company that's doing a good job. I know their waders are not made here in the US but maybe if they continue to grow, maybe they bring manufacturing onshore some day. Regardless, it's putting profits into the hands of locals. (y)

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
+1 for Dryft with pretty much the same comments. Comfortable, durable, great pocket construction, but yes, the gravel guards are tight, especially of you're doubling up socks for warmth

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Timely thread - I thought I was done with chest waders and that pant waders would suffice (after all, they work in my float tube) but after Alaska - and the need to ford a few creeks, that may well have overtopped pant waders to get to the main river, I'm pretty sure I'll need a new pair of chest waders in awhile (Redington Sonic Pro's have been my standard for six or seven years now, I find them durable).

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Dryft waders seem pretty expensive, for a relatively new company that doesn't manufacture in the US. What is it exactly that makes people rate them so highly?

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I've had my Dryft non-zip waders for a few years now and they're still going strong. When it's time to buy another set of waders I'll get another set.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Dryft waders seem pretty expensive, for a relatively new company that doesn't manufacture in the US. What is it exactly that makes people rate them so highly?
The price honestly isn’t overly expensive compared to what's on the market. Yeah you can find a cheap pair of waders out there if you want. If you want a higher end but not unreasonable IMHO they are well worth it.

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
The price honestly isn’t overly expensive compared to what's on the market. Yeah you can find a cheap pair of waders out there if you want. If you want a higher end but not unreasonable IMHO they are well worth it.

Clearly I don't have personal experience with them and this is just based off my own research and the comments above but at least compared to the "Big 3", they seem to offer more features and what appears to be the same overall durability and quality at a cheaper price. Dryft's top of the line zipper waders come in at $549 where the Big 3 are $800 to $900. And your supporting a local company.

If I can get the same quality and durability at a cheaper price. it's probably worth the investment for me. But, not made any final decisions yet.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
If Dryft made a Euro Nymph wader model, Jared would be all over them….. 😉😂
SF

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This will be winter #3 with my Primo zips, and they are still holding up tough. Only leak was completely my fault. They seem to handle the blackberries better than any Simms I've owned.

I do not like the chartreuse logo. The gravel guards could be a little better - it's a stretch to get them hooked on my boots.

But they do come with a build-in beer holder!

Last edited:

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
This will be winter #3 with my Primo zips, and they are still holding up tough. Only leak was completely my fault. They seem to handle the blackberries better than any Simms I've owned.

I do not like the chartreuse logo. The gravel guards could be a little better - it's a stretch to get them hooked on my boots.

But they do come with a build-in beer holder!

Yeah, the "style" of the Primos is not my favorite. Not really a bright colors kind of guy but not a deal breaker. That being said, I think Patagonia has the best looking waders.

And a beer holder is always a plus for me!