krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
🤪

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Better than after it pumps. But I think it's not done dropping.

Been through this many times before. Every time, everyone says "see! i told you! it's all over now! it's dead!" Then I buy and make money.

There's money to be made if you got the balls for it and have a bit of savvy. Or you will get absolutely obliterated. That market is not for the faint of heart or the gullible. But it has treated me VERY well.

Proceed VERY cautiously.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
This is an excellent video (the best one I know of) for those curious on the topic. It's from 2016, but still very relevant. The crypto market goes WAY beyond BTC and the "peer to peer cash/storage of value" thing, but this kind of sets a foundation for it. Again, kind of 101 on a VERY complex topic where knowing how the technology works and creates value is important.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It seems piss-poor long-term financial planning as a way of life for most Americans.
I have friends that are going to rely solely on their social security check when they retire.
How do you work from 16 to 60 and not have enough money saved up to do the things you were dreaming of( while at work) after retirement is mind-boggling.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
It seems piss-poor long-term financial planning as a way of life for most Americans.
I have friends that are going to rely solely on their social security check when they retire.
How do you work from 16 to 60 and not have enough money saved up to do the things you were dreaming of( while at work) after retirement is mind-boggling.
Considering social security will probably be gutted by the time I hit that age bracket, I'm relying on my magic internet money to get me to the promised land.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Ditto. Hopefully our journey is short. Dodged a major bullet - sold all of my Terra (Luna) about 3 weeks ago. Holy shit what a disaster that is. Gross....
Oh damn. Biggest bullet dodged. That's pretty much what this whole crash is being led by. A friend of mine made a few grand today swing trading the dregs of LUNA.

These are my current holdings:
1652394011631.png

I'm playing on house money now, so not really sweating the current situation. This is all long haul money. Took out my initial investment and then some quite a long time ago.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Oh damn. Biggest bullet dodged. That's pretty much what this whole crash is being led by. A friend of mine made a few grand today swing trading the dregs of LUNA.

These are my current holdings:
View attachment 14186

I'm playing on house money now, so not really sweating the current situation. This is all long haul money. Took out my initial investment and then some quite a long time ago.
I'm in it for the long haul too, but I finally took the sell in May and go away approach this year. Sold off all my crypto a couple weeks back. Then UST de-pegged and shit got weird. Quietly watching from sidelines now for probably a month or two until things hopefully calm back down.

Was mostly in BTC, ETH & LUNA (those three made up about 75%), but had some AVAX and SOL and a few other lotto ticket alt coins I'd buy into when BTC would rally.
1652395095597.png

Attachments

• 1652394955114.png
    1652394955114.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 0

mooseknuckles

Distinguished Degenerate
Alt exposure has been handicapped by Binance maintaining their ”unsuported” status in the gem state. A little over a year ago I had an opportunity for Acala pre allocation.
F0667C5B-7281-40EB-AFB4-576A31DE134A.jpeg

With a strong list of nations like that, of course I failed KYC.
BD059EF6-3F23-4902-8D13-D7D4DC873E81.jpeg

In it for the long haul!
E2A1B543-A02E-4117-874E-BEE2C7549FE6.jpeg

Last edited: