LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Jm
Yeah, that sucks. My labs are fine with gunshots right next to them but freak with far off fireworks. Not to mention they happen during the height of fire season and the Gorge will never look the same because of them.....
our girl shakes and hides in our closet when our neighbors start WW3 on the 4th.

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
IMG_1115.jpeg

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I met a new fishing buddy last fall. First time we went fishing together he shows up with one of those Turtle Box speakers. I thought yuk not a fan and thought it might be a short lived fishing partnership. As soon as we left the marina he turns it on. Not super loud but loud enough to hear it over the outboard. But as soon as I idled down to the first spot he turned it off. Never in play when we are actually fishing. And he has a really good selection of tunes.

I could take it or leave it but the way he uses it is fine.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I met a new fishing buddy last fall. First time we went fishing together he shows up with one of those Turtle Box speakers. I thought yuk not a fan and thought it might be a short lived fishing partnership. As soon as we left the marina he turns it on. Not super loud but loud enough to hear it over the outboard. But as soon as I idled down to the first spot he turned it off. Never in play when we are actually fishing. And he has a really good selection of tunes.

I could take it or leave it but the way he uses it is fine.
THAT is the appropriate use

BriGuy

Life of the Party
A counter boombox that puts out inverse sound waves, sort of like sound cancelling headphones would be fun to see :)

I've always wondered about the actual effect of noise cancellation. I understand the concept, but inverse sound waves are still sound pressure, which still reaches your ears. It seems like your ears and brain still have to process them. I also know that position matters with cancelling sound waves. Not much of an issue in the tight confines of headphones or earbuds, but it might be tough in open space. It's probably all noise, maybe just more of it.

But what do I know. My volume knobs all go to eleven...

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I got one of these. It's awesome! I love you blast some tunes or listen to NPR All Things Considered at MAX volume while I fish. It has been the cause of many riverside interactions and making new friends.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I've always wondered about the actual effect of noise cancellation. I understand the concept, but inverse sound waves are still sound pressure, which still reaches your ears. It seems like your ears and brain still have to process them. I also know that position matters with cancelling sound waves. Not much of an issue in the tight confines of headphones or earbuds, but it might be tough in open space. It's probably all noise, maybe just more of it.

But what do I know. My volume knobs all go to eleven...
To quote Joe Bonamassa…”all knobs all the way to the right “

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
lol...reminds me of a time I met up with a friend for musky fishing. He and his friend were in their boat playing music that I could hear halfway across the bay (so, not super loud, but loud enough). I stuck 2, they moved one between them...That's the specific reason I included such things in the musky article.

Tiger muskies don't like Limp Bizkit either.
Weirdly, there is one local lake where the stocked trout have a (questionable) affinity for...Camila Cabello. Cuban beat, fun but unremarkable pop music.
I have a 9+ hour pop playlist with maybe 4 Cabello songs on it. On multiple occasions, the ONLY time I've hooked up on that lake was during one of her songs randomly playing quietly on shuffle, through the phone speaker, sitting in contact with the hull. One time in mid Feb, 30 seconds into "Havana" a pod began rising right in front of the yak, and I caught four in a row. Stopped when the song ended. If it's coincidence, it's an odd one! 😆

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Weirdly, there is one local lake where the stocked trout have a (questionable) affinity for...Camila Cabello. Cuban beat, fun but unremarkable pop music.
I have a 9+ hour pop playlist with maybe 4 Cabello songs on it. On multiple occasions, the ONLY time I've hooked up on that lake was during one of her songs randomly playing quietly on shuffle, through the phone speaker, sitting in contact with the hull. One time in mid Feb, 30 seconds into "Havana" a pod began rising right in front of the yak, and I caught four in a row. Stopped when the song ended. If it's coincidence, it's an odd one! 😆
That is weird. There are a couple clowns that come up to the reservoir serval times a year to troll for stocked trout at top speed with their boom box in the aluminum boat and it vibrates the whole lake, puts all the fish down, even for bankies. They ignore everyone's comments, even the ranger has said something. Oddly enough, they don't catch, or very little, so leave within an hour.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
That is weird. There are a couple clowns that come up to the reservoir serval times a year to troll for stocked trout at top speed with their boom box in the aluminum boat and it vibrates the whole lake, puts all the fish down, even for bankies. They ignore everyone's comments, even the ranger has said something. Oddly enough, they don't catch, or very little, so leave within an hour.
Those are the same fishless guys that come up to you when you're having a good day and want to know what you are doing. So you take five minutes and show them your stuff and explain how you're fishing it. When you're done they give you disdainful look and say, "Well...we don't do that!"

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Lol - I've never tried cranking it up!