Life of the Party
A couple things I'm looking forward to.

Smallmouth bigger than 2 pounds

Exploring potholes reservoir

Toutle river steelhead

Klickitat steelhead

Cayuse creek cutthroat

Exploring South East Oregon

Also, I'll have an acre and a half, I'll be trying to figure out what to do with it.
I know apples, raspberries and chickens will be involved.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
A couple things I'm looking forward to.

Smallmouth bigger than 2 pounds

Exploring potholes reservoir

Toutle river steelhead

Klickitat steelhead

Cayuse creek cutthroat

Exploring South East Oregon

Also, I'll have an acre and a half, I'll be trying to figure out what to do with it.
I know apples, raspberries and chickens will be involved.
Welcome back to the Northwest.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
I was unable to fish much in 2023 due to (recently successfully treated!) health problems.
But due to currently below normal precip & snowpack accumulations, SWE, and flows,
along with SF's recent extended outlook post
I may have to satisfy my small stream fishing obsession by early - mid July; finding early opportunities in the regs and closely monitoring CFS. Perhaps later refreshing my summer saltwater skills, and doing some backcountry lakes.
Regardless, I'll be happy to just get out more in 2024!

Dave M

Smolt
Any fishing-related goals or plans for 2024?

New species, new personal best, new destination, new technique? Maybe you already have something scheduled that you're looking forward to?

My goal is a flood tide redfish out of my own boat. Bought the boat mid-summer, wrenched on it for a few weeks, had it running for one flood tide before the seasons changed. Continuing to fish through the winter, but no more flood tides until Mar-April.

What do you have your sights on?

Happy New Year!

New species, new personal best, new destination, new technique? Maybe you already have something scheduled that you're looking forward to?

My goal is a flood tide redfish out of my own boat. Bought the boat mid-summer, wrenched on it for a few weeks, had it running for one flood tide before the seasons changed. Continuing to fish through the winter, but no more flood tides until Mar-April.

Happy New Year!
Great thread idea.
I'm hoping to finally wet a line on the Elwha. Both summer and winter.
Also would like to do more beach fishing, specifically would like a nookie off the beach.

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I want to continue to fish my main-squeeze river; figure out where, how and when to fish each nook, cranny, rock, riffle, bucket and run. Same for my goto stillwater; continue learning the where, whens and hows to be successful fishing at it. I want to improve my casting skills, and my tying skills. Also planning to take one, maybe 2 guided trips on 'blue ribbon' waters.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I pray that this year will be filled with as many fishing days as possible, and days with my family and friends!

I am hoping to explore more new waters in Central and North Central Washington. Maybe a little exploration North of the boarder.

I also hope to spend a lot of days on my usual favorites.

Everyday is a gift!

Fourbtgait

Steelhead
Last summer was taken over with the exterior remodel and death of our dog. Only fished 1 day for cutthroats.
Next year hoping to have the interior remodel and retire from my daily job by the time Amber Lake opens.
much more fishing planned….

cchinook45

Smolt
Forum Supporter

Happy New Year!
Hoping that O.D.F.W. can get their act together , I know that is a big ask.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Poking around a bit in what is for me a whole new fishery in a pretty special place. Perhaps some sun and sand once again after years away and back to Norway for more casting practice with the occasional interruption.