Puget Sound

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Divad

Whitefish
Got out to the Gig Harbor side on the way home. Harbor porpoises, 🦭s and a couple young eagles fishing it was quite the wildlife display. And on the walk back I was encouraged to come see a red headed woodpecker by a bird watcher to top it all off.
1A6EBA21-47BB-4BA7-AF91-8E77FF418C56.jpeg
Went 1 for 3 with the landed resident at a little over a pound, say 1.5, and one of the lost coho in the 2lb range. Forgot my net doh! Tons of grass and various foliage that fish were surfacing in.
930B1F63-2477-4646-9A87-A59D18EB0029.jpeg
A weighted squimp was the goto with the 3wt today.

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Thanks!

I only fished lings once, but managed a 31” fish. I used a 9” long clouser type pattern made of synthetics with olive and orange being the main colors. Kind of resembled a greenling just a bit.
SF
Thanks that good info. I have a couple of Clousers to tie up.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Thanks that good info. I have a couple of Clousers to tie up.

You bet. Hopefully some others with way more experience then me will chime in. It sure was fun the time I did it.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Got out to the Gig Harbor side on the way home. Harbor porpoises, 🦭s and a couple young eagles fishing it was quite the wildlife display. And on the walk back I was encouraged to come see a red headed woodpecker by a bird watcher to top it all off.
View attachment 64555
Went 1 for 3 with the landed resident at a little over a pound, say 1.5, and one of the lost coho in the 2lb range. Forgot my net doh! Tons of grass and various foliage that fish were surfacing in.
View attachment 64556
A weighted squimp was the goto with the 3wt today.

Good job getting out. I like the looks of that fly.
That fish has some really unusual spotting, at least to me.
SF

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
You bet. Hopefully some others with way more experience then me will chime in. It sure was fun the time I did it.
SF
I sure hope so. They are fun to catch.

Any suggestions on marking up a mono running line to mark depths? Are Sharpies sufficient?

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Bullhead, sculpin, greenling patterns 3"-6" and even up to 9"-12" if dressed appropriately.
As mentioned above clousers work well too, look for feeding fish(tides are moving) and get it down quickly!
Thanks! Great info!

Divad

Whitefish
Good job getting out. I like the looks of that fly.
That fish has some really unusual spotting, at least to me.
SF
Thank you, I was torn on patterns but like this more than my recent weighted creation. Back to the drawing board for a ghost shrimp.

I need to go over the bridge more often, nice community and a plethora of fishy environments.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I sure hope so. They are fun to catch.

Any suggestions on marking up a mono running line to mark depths? Are Sharpies sufficient?

A sharpie should work, but you may need at mark it again after some use as the marks may fade.
How many feet do you plan to go between marks?
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Looks like a mini pink salmon.

It kind of does. If I recall correctly, there used to be small resident humpies in the sound.
Not sure if that is still the case today as a lot of things have changed over the years.
SF

Divad

Whitefish
It kind of does. If I recall correctly, there used to be small resident humpies in the sound.
Not sure if that is still the case today as a lot of things have changed over the years.
SF
Gosh now that you guys are talking about it it does have a topside that’s rather blueish/green with spotting unlike my other Coho catches. It looks more like a pink than a coho as I look at it more.

I watched the live video iPhones create and the tail has spotting on bottom and top.