2026 Eastern WA Grouse Opener

  • Thread starter Thread starter JS
  • Start date Start date

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
Anyone interested in getting a grouse camp going for the opener? I’ve always focused more on elk and steelhead in September, but this year I want to do a big grouse opener weekend with my Griff pup. Probably a long weekend, potentially a four to five day stretch.

Right now I’m kind of thinking north central WA, but would be open to other ideas. I have a few good spots in mind, some far north central, some more NE, and some in SE WA.

Let me know iffin you’re interested.
 
Welp, I got sick for the opener, but we did get out and point and kill some birds. We lucked out and found some very stupid young of the year birds that held tight for my guy to stand on….it felt so dang good to see the summers training pay off. He’s respecting birds, learning their quirks and standing really well.

This was his first grouse pointed and he held so good, didn’t break until I said dead bird and then pointed the bird when he found it. That made me realize he is learning grouse and not to pressure them too much.

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s chukar opener!

1000027745.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Congratulations to you and your buddy on a successful hunt! I love hunting ruffed grouse and they are such good eats.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JS
Umm, haven't had Grouse in decades, I really should get out and target them!
 
  • Like
Reactions: JS
Back
Top