Puget Sound

Went 4/7 yesterday with the nicest ones getting away of course. I realized, only after breaking off several larger coho, that my leader was most likely expired. I should have considered this the day prior when I also broke off a good one on a wind knot. Brand new leader, 15lb Maxima. I actually should have considered this back in August when I was using the same spool of leader and broke off several fish on new chunks of line. Lesson learned. Buy small spools, replace more often, and don’t store in my hot shed 🥴

IMG_8974.jpeg
 
Nasty wind out there last night and this morning! One more day of fishing MA9 on Wednesday and this magical salmon season is over. Will a wave of newly arriving wild coho move within fly casting range on the beaches? Could that next hard strike be the one?? Just remember: performance reviews are coming fast so focus on work goals. The bosses won't like it if you sneak out to the beach again. Be responsible and leave the salmon to others.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VMP
Very cool, it would be great to have the tidal chart animated along with the current animation and the ability to go back and forth. The history of Puget Sound oceanography modeling right here at the UW campus is fantastic, including the physical structural model, dyes, gears and levers used before supercomputers.


 
Just remember: performance reviews are coming fast so focus on work goals. The bosses won't like it if you sneak out to the beach again. Be responsible and leave the salmon to others.
My boss would like to install Flock camera systems at high risk beaches to identify malingerers and shirkers who should be at work. HR is telling us that AI models will be trained using casting stroke and distance metrics for long distance identification and violations will definitely be entered into your permanent record.

Please let me know some locations where to salmon would most benefit from these installations, the Flock trucks are ready to roll out this morning and I need to tell them where to go.
 
Went 4/7 yesterday with the nicest ones getting away of course. I realized, only after breaking off several larger coho, that my leader was most likely expired. I should have considered this the day prior when I also broke off a good one on a wind knot. Brand new leader, 15lb Maxima. I actually should have considered this back in August when I was using the same spool of leader and broke off several fish on new chunks of line. Lesson learned. Buy small spools, replace more often, and don’t store in my hot shed 🥴

View attachment 193534
If freshly tied 15lbs UG is breaking before your fly rod toss it.
 
Back
Top