I will second this. My strap is connected to a retractor and clipped into my sling pack. It would be better to have the wrist strap connected to the top of the staff. I do own two of your staffs, one with a rubber tip and the other with a metal tip. Never leave on a fishing trip without one of them.Hi Herkileez, I have one of your staffs that I won as a prize on another site. I love almost everything about it. The one thing I would change is the wrist strap. I like using a wrist strap if I'm moving more than a couple of steps. But it should come out of the top of the grip instead of the bottom. That would allow you to run your hand up through it first, like you would with any ski or trekking pole, greatly increasing grip and leverage.
Just my 2 cents.